Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
.22lr conversion

Jag 2 do yourself a big favor and get a Marvel Precision conversion unit.....A real friggen tack driver!!!!!! the reason is that the sights or rail is attatched to the barrel...not the slide as is the case with all other conv. units...the unit costs 355 bucks though... but mine has shot a .62 inch 5 shot group at 50, yes 50 yards and that is just the average of many, useing plain ammo...it really is a sweet unit!!!!!!!!!!!!! on and off in 20 seconds, mine goes onto my Springfield 1911A custom loaded and i have put 4,000 .22LR rounds through it ( me and its trigger pull are now the best of friends!!) without breaking the bank (I have put 500+ .45 rounds through it) check em out at www.marvelprecision.com its worth the extra 80 bucks

Aimhigh

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I agree with Aimhigh,

Expensive, but worth the results. Also adaptable to wide body 1911 frames (STI, Para, BUL and Caspian). They use the Colt Ace magazine, clones are avail from Gun Parts Co. Besides the reduced recoil, same grip angle and trigger pull!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have one of the Kimber units that shoots very well--it's the silver one with the adjustable sights. It really surprised me with it's accuracy. I put it on my old National Match Colt '67 vintage, and it shot as well as my MarkII Ruger at 25 yards. It's not gonna touch that group that was mentioned at 50 yards--but there is no way I could shoot that well anyway. My friend and I both shot groups you could cover with a nickel --over sand bags with the Kimber using SuperX HV ammo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.