Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This my experience with my Anschutz 1517DKL Sporter using the following ammo.

50yds. three shot groups. 4 groups of each brand fired.

Hornady avg 1/2" Best group 3/8"

CCI TNT avg 3/8" Best group 3/16"

In this rifle the CCI shoots better. Too bad I have 1200 rounds of the Hornady.

If I could post pictures, I would. Maybe I'll catch up with Ski someday and let him post for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ammo

Appears that CCI ammo is hitting the streets in quantity, and apparently Hornady is starting to catch up. Looks like Cab**las cleared 2/3 of their back orders. The stores seem 2 have bunches of CCI at about $11 a box. Surprising that two different bullet types group fairly close size wise, How much difference was there in POI?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rimfires are funny indeed ..

CCI shoots worse in my Ruger 77/17 with a GM barrel @ 50yds than the Hornady @ 100yds .
Funny thing is that the Remington and Hornady are supposed to be the same ammo except for the tip color . Yet there is a huge difference in accuracy in my rifle . It won't shoot anything well but the Hornady ammo .

·
Registered
27 Posts
.17 hmr comparison

Was able to shoot all three brands for the first time in my Savage 93 this a.m. CCI was cleary the most accurate at 3/4 inch consistently. Hornady and Rem both about 1 1/4 inch with little difference in poi among the three brands. Not the minute groups of some, but pretty good from a $200 rifle with 3-9 (leupold )scope. a reminder guns are individuals.

Gary:p

·
Banned
14 Posts
17 HMR Ammo Testing

I have done a lot more Varmint shooting with my new Ruger 77/17V than shooting with it at the range. My range testing, I am pretty sure though, has been enough to point to the most accurate ammunition for my Rifle. In addition my range testing was also an eye opening experience for me! I was simply amazed at the consistently good 5 shot groups I was shooting at 100 yards with the 17 HMR ammo!
The Remington ammunition shot best in my Rifle closely followed by the Hornady and then the CCI. But none of them ever shot a group above 1.000" My best grouping to date was a .502" 5 shot group at 100 yards with the Remington stuff! I was thrilled with that performance.
My Ruger has a Weaver KT-15 (straight 15 power) scope on it and I did add the Volquartsen trigger sear. Other than that the Rifle is stock and at the time of that best grouping it only had 100 rounds or so through it. I will get back to the range again now that I have a lot more shots down the tube.
Long live the worlds newest and best rimfire cartridge!
Long live the 17 HMR!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.