Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a Savage 93R17 GV on Monday night, and a 4x12x40 scope on Thursday night, and today I bought some ammo. Hornady 17gr. V Max, which I paid $9 for. How much do you guys usually pay for ammo.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I thought Walmart or Dicks Sporting Goods would be cheaper, but they are right around $10. 93R17-bvss, thanks for the welcome, I am new here and I hope to learn a lot here. The more I read about the 17HMR, the more I get excited about owning one :D Now I have the rifle, scope and ammo. all I need to do is get a cleaning rod to clean out the new barrel, and I'm ready for the range. BTW I'm sorry about posting this in the wrong place to begin with.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Conman said:
And MidSouth is $7.99 per 50 including shipping. :) They just received another shipment today and I ordered another 500. :t
The only problem with MidSouth is if you are a Tennessee resident, they add tax and a fee for the TWRA and it runs the price way up.
I don`t know why they have added the TWRA fee. The TWRA is already bleeding hunters and fishermen in Tennessee.
So I choose not to buy from them.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Conman said:
And MidSouth is $7.99 per 50 including shipping.
Your shipping costs to California must be killing you. Shipped to my door a case came to $7.39/box :D . My shipping costs are less than the sales tax I'd have to pay. A local place would have to sell for $6.90/box for me to break even but then the way gas prices are I'd spend $5 to get there and back.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
93R17vss

Shipping came to a total of $8.19 for the 500 rounds from Tn to Ca. Considering the weight I can't argue about that. And, it is still cheaper than I can find the ammo for here in the RepubliK of Kalifornia.

There are only a couple of gun shops in the South Bay area - good old democrats in Sacramento are running them all out of business!

·
Registered
364 Posts
ice said:
The TWRA is already bleeding hunters and fishermen in Tennessee.
Amen to that! I liked paying $101 for my Sportsman Licences and now it's $136. If you are out of state and want an Annual licences it's $250 something and $150 something for a 7 day licences! :eek: I guess the money has to come from somewhere though. :confused: :(

Oh, to keep with subject of post, I pay anywhere from $8-12 for my 17 ammo. For some reason my gun/ammo dealer won't sale the Remington's for anything less than $11.99. Federal is pretty much all I buy though, $7.99, since my 917 likes it so well.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
22rimfan said:
For some reason my gun/ammo dealer won't sale the Remington's for anything less than $11.99.
I think Remington must think their ammo is really special for some reason, maybe they think just their name on the box is worth a couple bucks. Remington ammo has always been a couple bucks a box higher than everybody else's, that's why I don't buy it. Wholesale price to the dealer is probably a lot higher than the other brands. Midsouth doesn't even carry the brand. Most likely because they can't get the prices that they get from CCI, Hornaday and Federal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.