Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay people, there is a gauntlet thrown down on the 17 HMR forum.

how about one here ?? why should they have all the bragging rights ??

it is very simple; a 3 x 5 card, make your own, two targets to one card. draw a circle, stick on target etc. one 5 shot group at 50 yds. same card, move to 100 yds to compare groups. one 50, one 100. you may wanna do about 4 - 5 cards to post your best. BUT, both distances has to be on ONE card. check out the 17HMR 50 / 100 challenge. there are a couple groups so far.

this is an honor thing as there are no prizes, awards, medals, just bragging rights, just you and your "ulti hummer". i know there are quite a few of those conversions here and i may be the first to post some pics as soon as the wind is ZERO.

what do you all think ?? game for a gun fun game ??

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Not an ultimate yet........

I cannot honestly use the term "Ultimate" when describing my HM2 project, as it is still being developed.
Nonetheless, I will try my best, and see what happens, sounds like something fun to try. :t

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm in as soon as I can get a couple things figured out. This morning, the M2 conversion wiggled the scope mount loose on my Low dough challenge 10/22. Something that the .22LR never did.

I think it sounds fun though, the 100yd groups I was able to print before the shake loose, were beginning to take shape.

Fun caliber though. They don't make you feel like you are lobbing them in at 100, like the .22's do.

They do hate wind, don't they?

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha,ha,

yea, that lil zinger does not like to be pushed around. if shooting for groups, and will post pics, try to shoot in a no wind or as close to that as possible. i know it's hard if a person has to drive to a range and find that the wind has picked up. but what the heck, its all in fun and gives the bbl some break in time. go for it. will be posting some pics soon hopefully of my conversion.

good shooting to all of you.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
okay all you converters to the zinging HM2.

just a sample of what the lil hummer will do even with a bit of wind. yea, it's a mish -mash of groups that i had over a couple weeks and used the better of them. granted, my 10/22 "ulti with wolf ammo will have better groups @ 50 yds, but dont shoot it anymore, but was testing a new stock, scope, ammo etc, nuff xcuses. would like to see groups from diff HM2 users with whatever you got. mine is the EABco kit, FWIW.

i'm sure all of you converted shooters can beat these groups. nothing to write to mom about, but thought i'd get something going here in a friendly "challenge" as on the HMR forum which is not taking off.

and this is the furniture and hardware that created those crappy, lol, groups. now, if it would shoot like it looks, ...............ummmmmm

lets see what your gun is doing. BTW, as you have noticed, need to learn how to tighten up my groups and the pics. oh well, practice, practice..........

thanks all

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ANTEAUS,

that is a great group!! gonna have to give it a couple tries with a full mag. your group is gonna be hard to beat. need a zero wind day, which is hard in these parts.

thanks for posting the pic.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks Ricochet,

It was a zero to little wind that day. I feel I'm not good at shooting groups, I'm better at shooting qbject's(Brass). It's funny, the stock is a 22Magnum stock I tried to sell or trade. I didn't want it just sitting around so I fitted the LR action to it and shoot that group.

Teaus

·
Registered
276 Posts
group

RICOCHET said:
BLAZER,

am thinking that is why not much interest on this "challenge" TOO windy and everyone wants to post their best groups. oh well...............
Here is a group to measure up...not really anything shiney for 50 yards...just wait...when she shoots like this at 100 yards then i will be "content"...almost. I too like the "skeeter" and am on a mission.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/bfishj/squirrel127.jpg

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BFISH,

lol. yea we all are on a mission to make improvements to our groups with a factory gun. good shooting, and a nice group. wish more shooters would post to see and compare what they are shooting and the kind of ammo, wind speed, etc.

thanks for posting your pic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This thread is really funny :)

I have two Mach2 rifles, a Cooper and a CZ. Neither one will shoot as well at 100 yards as *any* of my 22 LRs. Never will unless I find a very big vacuum chamber! We should call them .17 HBJ Mach IIs for this second edition of Hornady's Big Joke...

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TAYLON,

maybe you have come up with an idea; anyone who want to shoot at whatever range,
just mark the targets respectively. i know it's hard when the wind is blowing, as i have the same prob at 100 yds.

just trying to keep this thread going to see how well others do. go for it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.