Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new 1712 that I'm setting up for smallbore silhouette. I've got a Leupold 6.5-20X40 EFR scope for it (which I've used successfully on other silhouette guns), and Weaver 4X4 scope rings. Since on my other two smallbore silhouette rifles (Anschutz 64 MSR and CZ452) I've had to shim in order to have enough elevation adjustment, I shimmed the rear ring with a 0.010 shim. However, I still ran out of elevation adjustment at 100 meters. In others experience, did I use too thin of a shim, or does this sound odd?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Scope mounts

John, I cannot help with your question but you may be able to help me. Looking for mounting suggestions for a 64 mpr for sil. shooting. I'm planning on mounting a vx II 6-18x40 target scope. Is this ok for sil. and what base and ring set would you suggest? Do I need to shim? If so what should I be looking for? Thanks! A reply on my thread would be great help. Girt

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have 2 - 1712's with Leuplod 6.5x20's and a 54.18 and there are several other here with the same and no one has had to shim their scopes for 100M's. All are using BKL #257 rings http://www.bkltech.com/ . It maybe the rings you are using are not seated right, or a variation in them, you can try switching them front to back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've used BKL mounts on my other guns as well, but in this case I wanted to use Weaver bases/rings. I suspect the difference between this gun and my others is the choice of bases.

FYI...when I set up my 64MSR with BKL rings and ran out of elevation, I called Leupold. They told me it is not uncommon to have to shim a 22 with a target-style scope to get proper elevation for 100 meters. Apparently no one else here has run into the problem, though.

John

·
Registered
884 Posts
I am having the same issue with a 1416 and straight 24x target scope with Weaver bases and Burris Z rings. I was thinking about going back to the 11mm groove. I will be watch this thread closely to see what you come up with and then try and do the same to make corrections myself.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I had the same problem with BKL riser, BKL rings, and 6.5-20EFR scope.

I switched to Burris Signature with +0.020" in the back.

I don't think that in theory you should have a problem, but obviously there is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.