Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the Anschutz website and I cannot figure out what the model numbers mean. What are the features, the differences, sights or no sights? Is the "54" the action and the "1700" the rifle made from that action? Please help me out. Specifically, I would like a .22LR sporter weight w/o sights, something like the 77/22 or Rem 504. Also, how much should it cost? I am only a casual shooter.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yep, the "54" is the design of the action, the 1700 series rifles are based on that action. The 1400 series is a lighter weight rifle, based on the "64" action, while the 1500's (if I remember correctly) are the .22 mags based on the 64 action. The 1710 .22LR is the cream of the crop, the 1416 is a really nice rifle without being so pricey. I haven't purchased any new ones, only older versions of the same things, so can't comment on the current prices. I do know that 1710's don't come cheap these days, the 1416's are a little more affordable, but still not what one would consider "cheap".. But, with an Annie, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
ROSCOEJOHNSON said:
I have been looking at the Anschutz website and I cannot figure out what the model numbers mean. What are the features, the differences, sights or no sights? Is the "54" the action and the "1700" the rifle made from that action? Please help me out. Specifically, I would like a .22LR sporter weight w/o sights, something like the 77/22 or Rem 504. Also, how much should it cost? I am only a casual shooter.
I just
got a new model 1710 sporter less than a week ago . $1,250 plus tax. This
was just the std model. If you want their fancy wood you can look at another
2-3 hundred. I have seen them a little cheaper on the auction sites but i want
to know what I am getting. I also like to buy from my local dealers. Some times you can get a nice used one for around $900. If you look at a older model 54 sporter which is the same rifle almost you can get one in good
condition for between 7-8 hundred. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Roscoe,
if you'll download the Anschutz catalog from the Champion Shooter Supply website it'll explain things pretty well as far as model numbers and actions.
It also has prices listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.