Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have ask why other ammunition manufactures have not jumped on the .17HMR. Well I have an answer to that ever so popular question. Hornady currently has 7 other manufactures manufacturing "17 Hummer's" for them. Some of you may ask why Hornady has ask for help. That is also a question I have an answer to :D Hornady was and still is not set up for loading large quantity's of rimfire ammunition (after all this is there first step into rimfire). Ohhh ya here is the best thing of all my resources are very reliable ;)

I wish I had more time to spend on this wonderful forum but I don't. That's what happens when your in the exciting business of firearm accessories. :D

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief says:

I can believe seven manufacturers, by the time one gets
a supplier for the brass, powder, projectiles, marketing,ect.
there is many involved.
True Hornady didnt realize how big of a demand the 17HMR
would bring, leaving a huge backorder status.
Many other Manufacturers would love to have that problem
"sell all you can make , and more."
To date , Hornady is the only manufacturer offering 17HMR
ammo for sale.

ChiefDave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Must be lucky here in Kansas. Rustys Outdoor Sports has cases of 17HMR, as well as three local Gun Shops. Havent had a problem getting ammo here since late July!

·
Registered
169 Posts
ChiefDave said:
When I receive an order from MIDSOUTH SHOOTERS SUPPLY , I just phone in another duplicate order.
That's a great plan.

The flaw is --- ya gotta get the first shipment......:(

I'm still ok, but if I run out - I'm out. None to be found anywhere near here.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that Natchez does price matching ask Midway if they do and if so mention Midsouth. ;)

Hey it's worth a try just don't tell them midsouth is on backorder. :D

Good Luck...!

With that said this forum is much easier to use then the old Network 54 days in 1999. I think I might just have to become a member :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
No Hurry

$7.69 vs $9.99, I can wait after all I am not in the middle of a fire fight.:)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ruger 77/17, Leupold 6-20x40 Target Dot, target turrets.:D

Now if I had a 10/17 I would be in a hurry. Just can't seem to keep any of the semi-autos I own loaded at the range. By the time the brain tells the finger to stop the firearm is empty.:t

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fun little round isn't it Bill.........:p

I have it only slightly worse than you do with the 96/17. I'm afraid of the result when I get my hands on a .17 semi-auto......:eek:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know guys I can't count how many times I have gone out and shot up a brick of 22LR in a few hours. I don't think I'll be doing that with my 77/17 anytime soon. Just when you scrape up enough for a good semi will you be able to feed it? I'm sure that it would be hard to take a semi out and only shoot a box or two.

Perhaps Chief Dave can tell us how much a semi HUMMMER eats in a day. :D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
What I do is take the .22LR along

with the hummers,they are all 77/Rugers
setup as close as I can get them to
the same triggers ,scopes etc.
Shoot a few with the hummers and
a lot with the .22LR's.
All of em are fun.:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the 17 Hummer is just great by far one of my favorite cartridges. On the other hand I couldn't imagine life without a good oh .22LR or a WMR call me old fashioned but I just love them "22's" :D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Agree 100% Intec Corp

Love to shoot them .22LR's,but the
17 is a lot of fun also.
Really extends your range.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
New choice for ammo

Just thumbing through the January issue of Guns and Ammo and in the "Whats new for 2003" section it states that Remington is now loading the 17hmr round. 17gr V Max bullet @ 2550 fps. I hope it's more accurate than their 22lr fodder.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Remington's .22WMR Premiers are one of the most accurate rimfire bullets I've shot. So I would imagine that their 17 Hummer's will be top notch.

:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Intec Corp said:
I think the 17 Hummer is just great by far one of my favorite cartridges. On the other hand I couldn't imagine life without a good oh .22LR or a WMR call me old fashioned but I just love them "22's" :D
Well said, sir. :)

bc

·
Registered
130 Posts
rowdy1 said:
Must be lucky here in Kansas. Rustys Outdoor Sports has cases of 17HMR, as well as three local Gun Shops. Havent had a problem getting ammo here since late July!
I haven't had a problem getting ammo in Indiana either. I usually pick up a box or two every week . I've got a nice little stash built up since I've been shooting, and loading, more and more 223 this year.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was just in the local store today (lookin at another 17

when I noticed the sign that read "17 HMR IN HIGH DEMAND LIMITED TO 2 BOXES PER CUSTOMER" glad I got my brick before that sign went up

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.