Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new marlin 17 vs got it sighted in at 100 yards only have a very cheap scope so the picture is poor still got it grouping about an inch would do better with better scope on it.going to get a burris when i can afford it.anyway went hunting for 2 hours and shot 57 rabbits 1 black back gull pest in the uk and 1 crow for about 85 bullets i love this 17 hmr.am only taking shots round 80 yards will increase my range when i get more confidence.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice one Hawkeye, you keep on them Rabbits mate and the Gulls!!! You will come to really enjoy your 17. I was up at 0330 this morning to get out and do a bit of shooting with my 17 on a local golf course to me . I got 21 rabbits and a pigeon in an hour and ten mins!!! sure was pleased.
Maybe a better scope will be better, I have a Simmons 6.5 - 20 x 44Mag on mine. Its super Duper I tell ya. I am in Wiltshire.
Welcome to RFC too.
Good shooting
Axl

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers AXL yeah definately need a better scope because of the long range of the 17 hmr .might get a simmons .cant believe the knock down power of the 17 with v max compared to the 22 lr.i was up early at 3.30 to wanted to try the new rifle.need more bullets now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Simmons

I have a Simmons on nearly all my rifles and am yet to let down by one. Value for money they are second to none, back up service is Quality mate.
17 is great , had mine for oohhhh just on 2 1/2 years now. Amaized still with every shot. Got a real good pigeon sitting on a wire 50 ft off the ground , at the bottom of a valley this am. FEATHERS!!! just feathers I just watched it happen through the scope in awe, and waited till every feather had gone. What a pleasure!! Good 170 yds! Had one of possibly my longest shots this am too and for the first time did not have my shooting buddy with me to witness it, nor did I have the rangefinder, I looked about but no one was there to witness it! Couldn't believe I was the only one to have seen that!
Enjoy your 17 mate , I just know you will.
Good shooting
Axl

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
That hawkeye 1, I think he may be hooked on the .17! Kinda grows on ya, doesn't it? I am still amazed every time I draw down on a tree squirrel's head at one of those 100 yd. or plus shots and watch the bullet do it's great deed. After spending many happy years of happy hunting with a good .22, my .17HMR is a real love affair. Any time you can multiply your effective range for hunting, it makes every day an exceptional day for hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.