Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
poacher,

The "success" of the 10/22 mag to .17hmr conversion has been variable. I think the big variable (after reading lots of posts) is barrel quality.

Most of the folks who've used Clark Custom barrels (myself included) have had flawless (or near flawless) conversions.

I do believe a WK bolt buffer and a VQ extractor help also. My .17HMR conversion is over 2000 rounds and still cycles perfectly. I can easily shoot 1/4" groups at 50 yards (and I am not a very good shooter.)

With my conversion, I did not need a heavier bolt or bolt spring.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says : I think we have a bit of confusion here . difference = CLAIMS about the 17Mach2 and the 17HMR. neither of which require a heavier bolt handle to operate.
Some manufacturers , say you need a heavier bolt handle . Yea! but you have to buy their barrel to get it , sound fishy - I thought so too.
RE: EABCO.
Duhh.
CD.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
The heavier bolt handle on a hm2 may not be necessary but it does allow a bit more weight to slow the bolt down. It is also easier to tune than trying different springs, ports, etc. It would be nice if that weight could be easily added to the bolt itself instead of hanging off the side. VQ makes a bolt like this but who can afford it?????

JMHO
swampf0x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.