Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much will the 17HMR drift with a crosswind of about 25mph? I was shooting today and my shots were off by about an inch at only 50yds. Maybe it's me or the scope was knocked around?:confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
17 hmr drift

that sounds about right I don't think your scope is off. 25 mph is a heavy wind. I don't know the equation to figure out bullet drift but with a 17g bullet it drifts pretty good even with the 2600 velocity.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wind was between 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30mph. Thanks for all the replies. I am gonna have to keep on shootin it to learn how it behaves with the wind.

Thanks
AK

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it is a Savage 22lr. Not positive though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks

I live in a very windy area of Montana. The .17 might not be for me after all. Shooting goferz is my main plan. My 10/22 has them plucked off the field from my rest at about 100 yards. I am starting to think I really need a 223 with the vmax bullet. I will have to weigh the noise issue.

My best lucky shot was 174 yards, and hit the gofer in the head. Was I pleased!

I'm just a begginer, any advice helps. 223 is as about as cheap as the .17, and you can actually buy them. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.