Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. This is my first post though I lurk a lot at THR.

I bought a 142-A at the gun show a few months back. I paid $175 for it. The stock is in good shape considering the age, bluing also in good condition. The bolt appears to be stained -- age spots, I call them.

I love taking this gun to the range and shooting until the barrel's hot. But when I told one of the gun range guys the price, he grinned at me and told me I'd been taken.

I don't know about you, but I can't stand the thought that someone got the better of me in a deal. So did I get fleeced? And if so, how bad?

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
So did I get fleeced? And if so, how bad?

:D "So did I get fleeced? And if so, how bad?" :D i've seen 'em go for more and i've seen 'em go for under a c note, I'd say $150.00 for an average good condition gun + or - . If you are happy with your purchase, you didn't get fleeced. So many guys think the Mossbergs are ugly old junk. Good! that helps keep the prices down. Now your range friend probably has 1022 he paid almost that much for and then spent $3 to $400.00 more on it to make it shoot like a Mossberg. Don't worry about the other guy,when you buy your buying for yourself. screw 'em if he knows no better. If your happy you didn't get fleeced. just tell him the next time "YEA! Life'as a ***** Ain't it." And smile... or do as many Mossbergers do out shoot his fancy toy with yer old goodie. :D :D DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY. :D :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
142a

Hi Honkeoke,
Don't consider 175.00 High in mich. I have been after a 142A for two years. At the gun shows in this area a 142A is two hundred without the military style sights.
I finally got one without bolt and magazine for under one hundred and I feel I stole it.
Good shootin buddy.
W Austin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.