Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MICROGUNNER .
LOL , sorry about that SS , ignorance on my part . I thought after I posted them here I could delete them at Hunt 101 and post other pictures , Guess I'll have to go back and redo them . Trigger is a standard 64 trigger , barrel dia. is .787 " and I'm not sure about the wieght , but I'll get it for you while I get the Pics straightened out .
claketyclak

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks. I done a little research and found the specs, they only give the weight at 6.2lbs. Sounds like a good all around gun. The trigger, is it the same that is on the sporters, if so there is a quick way to get a 10oz trigger that breaks like glass on it. I was curios if it was their sporter trigger or the one that comes on the 64mp. Either way as long as it is one of those two the trigger can be really nice really fast. Thanks, SS

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My 1985 64 Silhouette model has the 5094 trigger in it and with the spring removed, it releases at 11 oz's.....not sure if yours has the same trigger or not...the 5094 is a single stage trigger where as the newer 5098 trigger group will go down to approx. 5/6 oz's but it is a two stage trigger. Just love these 64's........
glenn

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it does have the same trigger , I did the spring removal , but for some reason the 1416 never had as good a trigger as the 1502 . sorry it took me so long to get the pics back up , had some really long days and just didn't have the juice to fool with it in the evenings , thanks , claketyclak

·
Registered
348 Posts
If You Wanted Feedback Claketyclack,

you've done a very nice job with pictures of the rifle and composition of the photos. A picture of a rifle, all by itself is fine, but inclusion of the shooting bench, berms, bench and cleaning supplies adds interest. I like what you've done here. Oh...BTW, nice rifle and nice shooting!

Do you find the sunshade(s) useful? Mine look neat, but I don't really shoot better with them than without. Our range has covers over the shooting positions so glare usually isn't a problem. OTH, a nice-lookin' rifle with huge scope/sunshade makes me happy. Good job!

Edited to add: Oh...did you reverse the images or do you have a left-handed bench and right handed bench?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for all the comments . I'd have to agree about the sunshade , guess I just leave it on as my 25 yd point doesn't have a big ole maple for shade :D Yes the long scopes on a rifle is an eyecatcher , I like it too . I built the bench for laft and right hand shooters as my son is a south paw shooter . Don't know why , he works right handed but his left eye is his dominant eye , so he shoots left . And gives pop a run for his money , yep beats me occasionally too . lol Was wondering if the targets showed anything as too where I may being errored on shooting , I know jumping from one side of the bulseye to the other doesn't make it easy to tell , huh ? Would that come from not being consistant in the bag ? When I squeeze it looks so perfectly centered and some times it seems so right I can't even see my heart beat , any Ideas how my shooting is getting so scattered ? thanks , claketyclak

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
ClaketyClak....

if you compare your targets to other "no BS" targets, they are very good. You read about ".5" all day long rifles", "3/8 inch easily rifles" and other internet bragging posts, but yours are very good in comparison to honest targets.

The guys consistently shooting .1"-.3" fifty yard five shot group targets in rimfire went to great lengths. They are using high powered scopes, the right ammo and under perfect conditions.

The wind, parallax, ammo discrepencies, shooter error and other problems all add up to the bullets not going in exactly the same hole. Its amazing how much shooter error plays in. You think your doing everything right and one little change between shots throws the group off.

What is nice with your target is that you added the scores. Using the 25/50 bench rest scores you would have done better than average by scoring 210-235 with those targets. That makes you competitive with the group. Eliminate a couple fliers and the scores would be fantastic.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Anschutz has really influenced...

US rifle makers. If I'm not mistaken, the 64 MPR has used the same stock shape for many years. Anschutz and Cooper worked together on some rimfires and Cooper used the same shape on the LVT.

It would be interesting to find out how and if Anschutz influenced Savage. I know Savage makes good barrels and uses a similar stock design. Savage clips fit Anschutz rifles after a little filing.

Randymac is right about windflags. Its amazing how much a 22 LR is deflected at 50 yards by subtle winds.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys , you've been a bunch of help , one of the great things about this site . I agree about the windfags , think I'll set me some up soon , have to restock some ammo and then start learning how to read the flags and use them , man it's a lot to learn and get it right in this shooting your best buisness huh ? Again , thanks , claketyclak

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.