Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I upset anyone. I've read through some previous posts about bolt interchange and from those posts I read that the bolts from 140b, 140k, 142a, 142k, 142m, 144, 144ls, 144lsa should all be the same. I have been looking for a bolt for this gun on and off for about four years now. My father won the 1983 OK state match with the 140k and I lost the bolt for it on a raccoon hunt many years ago. Everytime I look at the gun it makes me wish I could take it out and shoot it. There is a 144 bolt on ebay right now and I wanted to make sure that it was the right one before I spent the money on it. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Josh

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waustin,
Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping I'll be able to get the gun up and shooting for Father's day. I know he would like to head out to the range with me and put a few rounds through it. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have both the 144LSA & B as well as the 140K.

The bolts are interchangeable functionally, but they are slightly different. The ball on the end of the bolt handle and the handle on the 144 is one piece whereas the ball on my 140K is seperate from the bolt handle. Also, the bolt ball on the 144s are a smooth sphere but the bolt ball on the 140K has two ribs that run parallel to the barrel.

Hope this helps

Kurt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm concerned about function really. The looks can be a little bit different. I just feel bad about not getting it up and running for it before now. Thanks for the heads up Kurt. I appreciate it. How do your rifles shoot by the way? Any particular ammo I should stock up on? I shoot .308 most of the time and it's been a while since I picked up much .22 ammo. Got any opinions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the Wolf match ammo for straight target shooting, but have been using the CCI mini-mags for plinking lately. I got a really good deal on them a while back and stocked up. The cheap Federal bricks at Wal Mart aren't too bad either. I also found a good deal on some of the Remington Thunderbolt ammo a while back and bought several bricks. I have a semi auto hand gun and it likes the Thunderbolts. Just my 2 cents worth - I'm not as serious a shooter as many on this sight just so you know.

Kurt

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think these things eat anything, but in my 46m b I found the American Eagle brand, functional, pleasantly loud...I just love that loud "crack", but very dirty, after 10 rounds I could see all sorts of crud in the barrel...which just means more stuff for me to cough up later...BLAH!

Winchester Dynapoints worked well for me as did their high velocity stuff. I want to get my hands on some CCI green line, which is supposed to be pretty sweet target ammo. My mossy loved the CCI velocitor. :D

Keep in mind I'm ranging in at 75 yards, then playing at 100 so I'm sticking with LR ammo.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but I was wondering if my mossy could use the mag ammo? Or does it need to be build /chambered for this stuff.

Cheers!
H.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it looks like I've got a bolt on the way. It took $52 to get it, but if it works, I'm definetly happy to pay it. I've heard nothing, but good things about these Dynapoints. I'll have to give them a try. I'm sure I'll test 10 or so different types and then by a case or two of the ones that really shoot well.

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.