Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Tasco 10x42 Scope: 'Old' Or 'New'

If the SEARCH function were enabled, I would have you do a Search for "Tasco"....! ! ;)

1. "Tasco" went bankrupt in mid 2002...! !
2. In the year or so prior to filing for bankruptcy, almost all of their production was shifted to China [PRC]...! !
3. There is NO Warranty on these older "Tasco's"...! !
4. The box may say: "Lifetime Warranty", but there is NONE...! !
5. Any and all repairs are by "ABO" at a cost to you of $23. USD, plus your shipping costs to "ABO"...! !

"You pay your money...., and you take your chances...." :eek:

Now, if it is a 'new' "Tasco", backed by "Bushnell", you are OK, as there is a Warranty by "Bushnell"...! ! :t

The scopes are 'marked' on the ocular lens bell if they are backed by "Bushnell" [see details on the "Tasco (new)" Site]...! ! ;)

The Tasco brand was purchased by the current owners in August of 2002. Only product manufactured after this date is entitled to complete warranty coverage.[Tasco (new)]
I do see a 2.5-10X 42mm Target / Varmint Scope [ VAR221042M ] listed on the "Tasco (new)" Site, which would be covered by a "Tasco (new)" Warranty...! ! :)

ABO

Bushnell

Tasco (old)

Tasco (new)

Hope this helps....! ! :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx BigMike for the heads up

l knew Bushnell has taken over Tasco
Have only ever purchased Japan made Tasco and am very pleased with clarity......POI does change with power changes.....l only use 2 settings 12x and 20x and l know the impact change at 12x

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just bought 3 Tasco VAR252042 scopes from Midsouth Shooters Supply for 57 bucks a pop.
They seem to be excellent scopes to me.
Clear and Bright, big target-turret knobs, an adjustable objective lens, good zero-holding when 'zooming'; overall, a Very Good Value.
They DO have a 2003 date on the ocular lens bell.

Hope this helps.
Best to All,

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Tasco SS10X42 or "Super Sniper" is definitely made in Japan. It is older production item, not normally imported to the US (I have heard they are Hakko made, but who knows) and a wonderful scope, with a bright, contrasty image from the 42mm objective and 30mm tube.

I would not have a Tasco, but this is a great bargain at the $299 I have seen them go for. I had one on my .308 PSS initially. They will focus down to under 25 yards. Parallax focus is back where the power dial is on a variable. There is also a side focus called the SS10X42M, but is is $100 more and from some reviews not as crisp.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not according to BigMike's post ^^^^^^^^

l00k under the pic's "quote"................

Production..........date must be after August 2002 :eek:

but check it out you might be lucky

Yours may not break

l've had a Tasco a couple of years and its still ok

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.