Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a somewhat time back I aquired 3 Hamden 107 Supermatic Trohpy`s and a same of 678 G Rugers. I suspect the owner was a shooter as all have seen some light custom touches , but far from abused.

One Trophy exhibits an extended push button, so much so the hole in it is visible when turned over. The button is tight, as is the barrel. Is it in need of work.......does something need to be replaced/fixed?

Have others to shoot, so no hurry if it needs repair.

Thanks
LTS

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LD, not to worry.....I was the last one to be ridiculed for the prototype hi standard. I do find that only one gun of the three has a visible defect as I would call it. I doubt anyone would notice these very light tuning applications unless they owned one. I only noticed them when comparing it to my (under the bed) NIB Trophy.

These have been shot by the previous owner and shot alot, they are very well cared for and show it.

I have just never seen the button extended as the one I mentioned, in fact I don`t think I have ever heard the question asked. The other two and the Government Rugers have excellent triggers, in this someone knew exactly what the were doing.

LTS

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
LDBennett,

I do not believe that anyone ruined anything. LTS was asking for help, and I purposely, and flippantly, offered a response that was in line with some of his recent comments. I was hoping that LTS would reply first. I am ragging him for ragging on the owner of a very well-done, modified semi-auto that was posted here, a couple of weeks ago. I saw no reason to jerk the owner's chain, when LTS offered absolutely no help in determining the origins of the pistol, and kept on ragging the owner for no apparent reason.

LTS, at the very least, you need to give us pictures.

BigLoop22

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Gents,

I am so sorry, LTS. If I could point this at me: :duh: , then I would. DOH!

I am confoooosed! Sorry about that. Since that topic is gone, I am left with "LTS" in mind as the abrassive participant. Double "DOH!".:hide:

Please, remind me who that snob was that denegrated LTS.

BigLoop22

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Collectors Vs. Shooters

LDB,
Aren't you being the 180 degree position opposite of what you accused BigLoop of being. You are entitled to do and believe what you want about your gun and purchases, but isn't everyone else entitled to do the same? The old Hi Standards were quality guns made in finite quantities and they are not going to make anymore. If everyone took the "anti safe queen" shootum philosophy then it would be only a short time before there were no originals left. It's my money and if I choose to ignore the modified guns and concentrate on preserving originals for future generations then it's my business alone. There is also a side reason to keep a gun mint that you probably don't have the opportunity to enjoy, and that is quantity. Unlike California, most of us have the opportunity to acquire as many as we can afford. I have learned that I can only be profficient in a limited number of guns. Therefore I have selected the 5 or 6 that interests me most and the rest are "safe queens". The object of collecting is to amass a group of unique objects that few have. Stamps and coins just don't cut it as I collect both as well as artwork. Believe me, guns are much more interesting.

Wayne38

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was far from entertaining and the question still remains unanswered.
Not sure why LD deleted his responces, they were far from being harsh or anything else.

LTS

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just a little light-heartedness intended on my previous post.

My advice would be to take the thing apart and see what the deal is and put it back right. If you need to acquire a part or two to fix it, so be it.

It should be a relatively minor fix.

In no way whatsoever should the gun be ruined.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.