Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I left the range sunday nite I thought I would try 100 yds with the cz varmint. I have never shot at 100 with a 22 before. According to my balistics I had figured that with cci mini mags I would have to hold 5.6" high when sighted in @50yds. So I just looked through scope and turned the turret till the crosshairs were about where I need them and proceded to fire away. I figured since I live in alaska, our balls are bigger. So I put on a 3" diameter orange sticky. The picure below is 20 shots @100yds with a bipod and muley in the rear.

Yeah, I know that there are people that can hit a golf ball all day @100yds. I can't. Actually I was kinda happy with my results.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
BIGGER in Alaska

Alaska Mike,

Since, as you say, everything is BIGGER in Alaska, a 3" group at 100 yards shouldn't be a problem.......! ! :D :D

Besides, why ruin a good golf ball.....? ? :p

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mad said:
Nice shooting Mike. I admire your dedication.
Good shooting, Mad`
I don't know if dedication would be the word, maybe more like crazy. But I have been bitten by the accuracy bug and am really trying to improve. I am going to tinker with this rifle for awhile, but I may have to try a better rimfire. Right now my immediate goals are shooting a 220 on the usbr and a .5" average on all 5 shot groups.
Is this attainable on a stock, except for trigger, cz varmint?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Weather.

The possibilities are endless! It could be gorgeous, 60's and 70's and light wind and sunny days or it could be raining week on end and 40 degrees and a 40mph 'breeze'. I have seen snow on Easter a few times too. It usually isn't hot yet so that is one thing that you will probably not have to worry about but it could still have a freak high 90's and high humidity day or few.

If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes, it will probably change. LOL

oklahomaman.

·
Registered
45 Posts
golf balls are expensive

Instead of shooting those expensive golf balls, why not try paint balls. You can get them pretty reasonable at Wal Mart and you have your choice of several really bright colors. Also, when you hit them, they go splat!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I shoot golf balls

Last week I decided to try and shoot some golf balls at 100 yards. I was using my new Savage 12VSS in .308 I was told if you hit one solid it would be a nice explosion of flying rubberbands. Well I guess I used the wrong golf balls, mine were some sort of solid core. After skining the first two and knocking them off the soda bottle I hit the third one dead center! It flew about 50' in the air and to the rear of the snad berm. When I retreived it I expected to see a large hole through it, however the entry hole was barely noticable as it had sealed itself. The exit hole was barely bigger than the .308 bullet and looked as though it had been melted through. I will try and post a picture of it, I saved as a souvineer.

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.