Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

10 years with my 10/22...

477 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Passinby
...and I think she's actually starting to wear out. Had a Full Auto moment at the range today, think the sear/disconnector are worn. I couldn't begin to count the tens of thousands of rounds the gun has seen, and this is my first 'breakdown.' As impressive as the my 10/22 has been...I find myself suffering from CZ envy...American, Lux, which one do I want for the next 10 years...
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

34,878 Posts
Been shooting mine since 1976. Just had to replace an extractor. Some of the pins are a little loose so they come next. Give that thing a hammer an sear and you're ready for alot more shooting.

· Registered
259 Posts
Vincent said:
Been shooting mine since 1976. Just had to replace an extractor. Some of the pins are a little loose so they come next. Give that thing a hammer an sear and you're ready for alot more shooting.
The pins on some of mine have been loose since day one. I might get me some kidd pins someday.

34,878 Posts
Mine too and I'm thinking of the same solution. Been fiddlin' with the trigger lately. The lose pins are bugging me. I did the trigger back in 1976 when not too many people were working on 10/22s. New ideas around now so I'm back at it. I've got a trigger job that has been taking 29 years!!! :D Anyway I don't think the trigger can ever be right on if the pins are loose so I've gotta do something, don't you think?

· Registered
6,719 Posts
You can always buy an empty trigger housing off Ebay. Alternatively, you can always buy an entirely new trigger group from the same place or Brownell's, Numrich, etc. No need to ever relagate a 10/22 to the closet. Thanks to all the customization, all of the replacement parts are available, usually below cost from Ebay or elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.