Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I want to build a 17hmr. I can get either the 10/22 mag or the 10/17 for the same price. I plan to replace the barrel,stock,fire control group etc etc. This is to be my long range (late season squirel gun) anyway are thier any differences between these two rifles other than one has a 22mag barrel and the other a 17hmr barrel?

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I went back in yesterday to see what they had availible and they said the 22mag was on back order, and that the 17hmr was also on backorder so no I havent actually seen one

· Premium Member
12,486 Posts
Just so you know....when you do, you will probably be the first. That rifle was put into the 2004 Ruger catalog and taken out of the 2005. Ruger had it in several ads in 2003/2004 but none this year. MY bet: We'll never see it as a factory offering.

· Registered
10,095 Posts
It's like vaporware - software companies market software that doesn't actually exist yet - if ever. Just get you a 10/22 mag and buy an aftermarket 17HMR barrel and have at it!

· Registered
1,709 Posts
Markbo said:
It's like vaporware - software companies market software that doesn't actually exist yet -
Let's make an analogy for the firearm community:

Factory 10/17 = Vapor-ordnance

(AKA "The Ruger Vapor Rifle")

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.