Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just one the Ruger web site, and I cannot determine what their warranty is. They don't provide a warranty card, and indicate the consumer needs to check their state laws? (I live in NJ).

OK, maybe it's just me over-reacting, and maybe they have a good reason for not providing warranty information, but even coffee makers have warranties, and as old as Ruger is, I just don't get it? So how can I determine what the Ruger warranty is?

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I opend my ruger Box, and looked at the Instruction manual and was kind of suprised there was no written warantee. But if you look in the manual what would be page 44 it says :

" Why no waranty card has been packed with this new ruger firearm, The magnusion-Moss act does not require any seller or manufacture of a consumer product to give a writeen waranty. It does provide that if written waranty is givin, it must be designated as "limited" or "full" and sets minium standerds for a "full" warranty. Sturm, RUger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or in "Full", rather than to attemtpy to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss act and the rgulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extend and interpretation of these imlied warranties varies from state to stae, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued intrest in providing service to owners of Ruger Firearms."

Sorry if there are errors I typed it up in rush.

I take that as, if something is mechanicaly wrong with the gun, ruger will fix it, or replace if it is absolutley nessisary. I wouldnt think the blued finish would be coverd, or any scraches. But the function of the gun. I think the magnusion-Moss act sets a minimum gurantee on any product sold in the U.S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.