Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

10/22 TD trigger question to owners

908 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Motor7
How's the trigger feel?

It has been my experience the pull weight is usually high and not very crisp on 10/22s. I have a couple on order and thought I'd get some trigger parts lined up while I wait.

Thanks, Karl
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
513 Posts
The trigger is stock factory 10/22, as is most of the rifle. I hadn't even put a round through it before I swapped out the trigger group for one I had already worked with an RT pull release, dropped in a worked bolt with an RT charging handle, and put on a cheapie little red dot.

Gotta say, it shot really well! I was just shooting off hand at reactive targets, but I was very surprised by how well it was shooting. I think that take down mechanism may prove to be a more accurate method than the V block.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
in the neighborhood of a stock 10/22 carbine trigger.

I think my 10/22TD trigger is a bit nicer than the one on my 10/22Intl with the Mannlicher stock (MannlicherMannlicherMannlicherMannlicherMannlicher - fun to say!)

But not dramatically better, probably just luck of the draw.

I've been considering getting one or two really nice 10/22 triggers and bolts and just moving them among the 4 rifles, myself. One has some VQ drop-in stuff and the rest are stock.

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Just polish the flats in the trigger group. Then use a medium grit knife sharpening stone on the hammer sear (which you should already have). Then pick up a set of Spyderco ceramic stones(or any other ultra fine ceramic stone) and polish that hammer sear shelf. A chepo magnifying glass helps to make sure it is even, since it's easy to get it less than square by hand and naked eye.

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Ceramic-Piece-Leather-Pouch/dp/accessories/B0002IXQLK

That's it....check your work frequently by putting it all back together and using a trigger lb gauge. Stop around 3lbs....for now...you will be amazed. The tools for this will cost a little over one aftermarket trigger kit...but then you can do a many many more for..."free".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.