1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own two Ruger 10/22 rifles. One is about 35 years old and the
other is brand spanking new.

I wish to customize the new one, leaving the old one as is. Been
looking on the web at stocks and I'm not impressed with what I have found.

I first considered a bullpup, and discarded that idea rather quckly.
Then I began looking at thumbhole stocks and found a few but
they are all made for the majority of users, right handed people.

Does anyone know where I might find a thumbhole stock in left
hand that is'nt going to cost me the proverbial arm and leg?

In my readings on the web I ran across bits of info that our govt
wants to outlaw the thumbhole. Could someone elaborate on
this and clarify what I've been reading? I have'nt really kept up
with guns and gun laws in years. Since I'm semi-retired I've got
the time to devote myself to getting back into shooting.

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
A fellow Lefty,

There are a number of nice options available.

Claude gatewood makes lefty stocks for 10/22 www.claudegatewood.com

Boyds makes their thumbhole stocks in lefty also. I'm pretty sure that Mike Turner makes the barracuda stocks in lefty. Also you have many sites like Richard's microfit that can make any stock style you want in lefty. Sometimes it just costs a few more dollars though.

Nick

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I can recommend the Boyds' Smart Stock (SS). It is ambidextrous with cheek pieces on both sides, is very reasonably priced, attractive, and available (in stock). See their post at the top of the Community Fourm. It's a good off hand stock, and also has a flat forearm which rides a bag pretty well. I like mine.

Claude Gatewood is a lefty, and makes awesome stocks, but they are in another league pricewise.

GG

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm left handed as well...

and I have a Boyd's Blaster that came ready to use and is both lefthanded and a thumbhole, it is very nice. I also have a custom ordered L.H. stock from Richards Micro fit. it was inexpensive and very nice, however, it is unfinished and requires some minor work then finishing before use. If you like to work with your hands and do some wood working, I suggest you check out that option. Below are some sites to check out. WWW.boydboys.com www.wenig.com www.rifle-stocks.com www.claudegatewood.com www.reamerrentals.com/elk_ridge.htm Hope this helps. Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.