Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

10/22 Sporter Rifle completed

666 7
Just one more pic, if you'll indulge me...
Finally got a suitable barrel (22" Midway; thanks! to mutwagn) to complete a proper 10/22 sporter.
The stock is my chopped International, now a close copy of a 77/22 stock. Scope is a Bushnell Banner 4-12x40AO.
A rushed visit to the range today shows promise: .23"@25yds (10rds,CCI MiniMag), .82"@50yds (19rds,Win PowerPoint).
Certainly much better results than from the stock International, or my Walmart 10/22-22.
I think Ruger should offer a factory model like this, perhaps with 20" barrel.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. Your 10/22T stock is my next project; I'm hoping to buy a standard carbine tomorrow (for the receiver/trigger group), and am trying to decide on barrel length (18" vs 20"). Pics whenever...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy,
I was skeptical that it would shoot significantly better than the factory barrels, but I'm impressed. Range time was short, only able to try a few types of ammo; disappointed that my favorite CCI Std Vel was unimpressive, likewise the Wolf MT. I know I'll get better results with more range time and ammo variety. I'm just a mediocre shooter, and this rifle now shoots as good as I'm likely to need.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Nice look'in rifle

I got a WFM 22" barrel with a Deluxe
Sporter stock,that shoots very well.

Soon to have another by way of Pinball,said he got from Mutwagn.:)

Hmmm the great parts exchange.

And the stock I'm gone'in to use on this next one came from Claude Gatewood.

Eat your hearts out guys.:D

Yep! a Deluxe stock from Gatewood.

err that's a Deluxe Sporter takeoff
that Claude wanted to get out of his way. At a very nice price I might add.:D

Anyway I like the sporter type rifles
best and have quite a few of them.
All shoot very well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definitely prefer

the "sleeker" look of the sporter-type rifles, but I can't resist the urge to build a 10/22T clone.
Plinker, it sounds like what you've built is a sightless version of Walmart's 10/22-22, that's sure to shoot vastly better. How about some pics?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Can't do Pic's

With the setup I have,but it looks very much like yours.

Yes it does shoot very well,in fact this would be my squirrel gun if it wasn't for the 17HMR's. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.