Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Factory Scope Base

I hope you have more luck with it than I had. I tried three different sets of rings (including Tasco) with it and never could get them to stop moving during long shooting sessions. I tightened them so much that they dug deeply into the aluminum and STILL moved under the relentless "jack hammer" recoil. Have to admit that I didn't have a bolt buffer at the time, and that may well make the difference. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
13,556 Posts
ShockJon:

What do you have against a $5.00 Weaver T09? You will like it far better than the factory base, believe me! If you mount a 40mm scope, you will need medium rings, by the way. Save up and buy a T09 and Burris Signature Zee rings. They are the last ones you will need to buy.

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
OldSwede said:
ShockJon:

What do you have against a $5.00 Weaver T09? You will like it far better than the factory base, believe me! If you mount a 40mm scope, you will need medium rings, by the way. Save up and buy a T09 and Burris Signature Zee rings. They are the last ones you will need to buy.
Yeah, what the OldSwede said!

Never go wrong with a weaver style setup and Burris Zee's :) :t

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks for all the help!! i am going to try some wally world simmons rings for now and see how them and the fac. rail holds up, then I will most likely upgrade to a better rail and every thing when I start doing more modifications like barrel and stock and all that jazz.... Thanks again! :)

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
NOOOOOO!!!!!! Burris Zee rings will NEVER mar a scope tube. Anything else will. Why risk boogering a scope to save 20 bucks on a set of rings????

Do it the right way once. It will save you alot of money and aggravation.

"You are only as smart as others think you are! ;) "

·
Registered
664 Posts
Last time I looked, the Millett Angle-Loc...

10/22 base was $3.99 at MidSouth. Here's a basic 10/22 setup, all available from MidSouth:

Millett Angle-Loc 10/22 base $ 3.99
Burris Signature Zee Rings 27.55
Burris Pos-Align Offset Insert Kit 8.89

Total $ 40.43

Advantages: no base shimming, no ring lapping, no ring marks on scope. You can spend the extra time doing other fun stuff. AND, since the rings aren't lapped for a specific rifle/base/scope/distance combination, the rings and inserts can easily be removed and used over and over again on any other Weaver based rifle/scope/distance combo. Oh, also, the Millett base is sturdier and slightly taller than the Weaver T0-9. If you still need more clearance for a large objective bell, you can get a higher ring and/or go to a thicker/higher Power Custom base (about $15.)

Disadvantages: It costs a few bucks more do do it right the first time. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.