Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out today ruger had a recall on the single extractor models. Would I be better off putting an exact edge extractor in or sending my rifle to ruger? Hate to send my babies off in the mail!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Saw one used at my favorite gun shop.

Single extractor 10/22 RBM. No trigger work, no scope rings, Ruger extractor, auto bolt release, bone stock otherwise.
For the LOW LOW price of $379! :rolleyes:
This is the same shop where I got my NEW dual extractor model for $359!:confused:

Contender, if it was me (or Ski!:D) I'd opt ofr the VQ Extractor and one of my Magnum Buffer Kits(shameless plug;)) as opposed to a send-in to Ruger.

FWIW!;) - Dakotan

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yup!

I kinda "hung back" a little, to let others voice their opinions.

The original Ruger 10/22 MAAGGNNUUM (single extractor) was sooooo easily "fixed"!

The Volq. "Exact Edge" Extractor and a Dakotan / WeaponKraft buffer.

NO need for two extractors, at all!!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I have two of Ruger's single extractor models, on in .22 WMR, and one in .17 HMR.

Both have been just fine with the factory-original extractor, though I have Volquartsend extractors on hand in case they become finicky.

I made my own bolt buffers, so can't comment on the shameless model mentioned above... :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help guys. I "tweeked" the extactor spring a tad and it seems to have solved the problem temporarily but i will probably go ahead and order an exact edge. What are your bolt buffers made from Dakotan? I have put one " cheapy" in it already it snaped and I had one more to replace it with. I figure it will frag b4 long.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Man, do these things EAT Bolt Stops or what!?

My Buffers are made out of the toughest urethane alloy I could possibly find on the surface of this planet! Took quite a bit of looking too! ;)
A Nitrile spacer is included to attach to the back of the receiver behind the Buffer to keep Bolt to Buffer geometry correct, and prevent over-stressing of the material. (Although Ski says it's unnecesary :D)
Most of the "cheapy" types are Delrin, nylon, or Hard Urethane formulations. Not enough flex, energy absorption, or strength, so they tend to pretty much eat themselves; especially in Mags.

My Magnum "testers" are still beating on the first models. Haven't heard of any problems yet!

Take Care! - Dakotan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Listen to de Ski, Dakotan, & de Chief and you be straight mon...
Eggsact edge and de buffer...a little sanding some dri lube...
And maybe a Volquartsen trigger...and you will be in business...
I got one of those old uno extractors and with the exact edge shoot all day
and all my worries be gone..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I sent it back, glad I did>

It was a plain Jane model, 98%. I sent it off for the updates, it took 6-8 weeks. But when it came back the trigger ad been replaced, 2.5 pounds and even had an overtravel stop, the ejection was much better and smoother.

Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.