Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Sorry... I have to drop some items from work list... Im now opening boxes and begining to start work on stuff sent at the end on Nov and arrived first week of Dec... Something got to go so I can catch up... 3 items I will not do any longer. (1) 10/22 'T' Target model trigger jobs... (2) 2nd stock screw (3) any work on 10/22 Magnum...

10/22 Magnum Bolt Combo's were never listed as a 'single' item on website anyways... There is a customer service option list but its for customers buying new custom barrels so they can pick thru as add on to present order, but its not pick a item as a single... Website is getting whacked, its too old and outdated to be used anymore... Im going "back to the future" with paper shop list by snail mail... HeHa, snail mail will slow things up, no... 10/22 L.R. Bolt Combo reworks will be added to list as a single item which is a on going item anyways but considered new... I would rather have you see the point and wish me luck rather then anyone getting mad over small changes that have to be made...

· Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Gordon, Macc, Ski ect, Headspaceing a Magnum bolt is not a requirement.. Mostly I remove .003 to .004 from face and thats to a .049 finish depth... Its not much... Unlike the L.R. bolt that really needs trimming, I do not think it does much... Firing Pin restaking was a disaster in Magnum bolt, 99% were not re-staked... So basically they get jeweled, nice but ho-hum

So I don't think dropping money into a Mag bolt is worth it... Future might be different...
I got one 10/22 Magnum bolt in house to be done... That one I will try to drill and install a forward firing pin control dowel like the L.R. version now gets... If that works, than reworking Mag bolts might be worth the money?

· Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Gander, YEP, its yours... I will try installing the new style control pin early next week... (It came in 1-21-03 so its been here 2 days) (See Below)

Originally the 10/22 Magnun firing pin was a dog-dick ugly thing that was a 'rebounding design'... (I have no idea why someone would design a rebounding firing pin into a semi-auto, but they did, even worse the stupid design was copied by aftermarket manufacturers)... I have seen a few with a real firing pin, a few without rebound feature, but basically majority remains dog-dick rebounding style that does not take to the restaking on top of bolt... It will do well with a forward control dowel, so thats the direction I would go with...

1 - 3 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.