Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The versatility of this gun is awesome, its like being a kid in a toy store again. There are so many things to buy for this gun, if you are not careful, it can get out of hand. I was going to buy the remington 552 speedmaster, but a friend told me about the ruger 10/22, of which I am very greatful, have enjoyed it ever since. This forum has been great source of information. Has anyone else had problems explaining the need for purchasing things for this gun to their wives or am I the only lucky one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes they are...I only have one at the moment, but I already have the 2nd one built on paper hehehe...now I just need the $$$. I've got the gun purchase itself slated for #3 on my wish list, right behind an Aimpoint and another AR lower...so the 10/22 is competing against the "big boys", and holding it's own.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Purchasing 10-22 parts

Stephen, My wife is pleased that my main interests are guns & related shooting items.
I think she realizes that while I am working on guns I am not tom catting around, drinking, gambling,riding offroad motorcycles, etc.
She really appreciates my gun hobby.

Rod.:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the addiction ..... I mean hobby.My wife never minded my 1022's.I have 9 now all modified( no where near the Chief)but I have since found a larger problem than feeding my 1022 hobby.My wife now has the bug and I'm allready building her 2nd.If you think it is expensive with you playing 1022's try funding two habits LOL :D :D :D I geuss there could be worse problems :) :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey Rod,
Glad to hear your hobby is good for you and the wife.It's much easier to get what you want without too much flak.Makes marriage that much better.Be a good boy and keep playing with your firearms.We both know there are much worse things a man could be doing.Best.:D
Mike C.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mike, I agree(there are much worse things a man could be doing)

In all seriousness the post I made was meant to be somewhat humorous. That said my wife & I have been together for 27 years & we both realize that we both need hobbies. Mine are cars & guns, hers are nice restaurants & live theatre. I go along with her interests & she is supportive of mine.
I feel very fortunate in having a great partner. Rod.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hmmmm....there's an idea

That is an excellent reason to buy another. Honey...this one is yours...I'll just set it up for you and make sure it shoots ok everyone once in a while :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.