Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,480 Posts
neat looking sights.... i've been thinking a lot about trying to use fiber sights myself since my eyes seem to be worsening..... it's too bad the sights have to be drifted into dovetails.... i have a rws air rifle that has the reciever and the barrel muzzle end grooved..... when it's not wearing a scope it wears an anzchutes (sp) globe front sight and a beeman- williams aperture rear sight.... so slick to just remove the screws and change things................

· Registered
609 Posts
Those are the sights that came on my compact carbine. They work great and are super easy to pick up, but like above, not for precision work. I can hit a 3" spinner at 50 yards off hand (well, crouching with one elbow on my knee) but that's about the limit. Blade sights would be more precise, but I think i may prefer the fiber optic. They are more than good enough for plinking.

· Registered
971 Posts
My first CRR came with the Williams fire sites installed, and I really like them. The trouble is that I like scopes better. When I mounted a scope on that barrel, the front orange sight was very distracting.
It's true that the sites are very easy to acquire, but if you're shooting squirrel sized game, you'll be limited to about 35 yards, because the dots are pretty big.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.