Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pick up a GM 16" blue fluted barrel to have threaded for a suppressor. I would like to find a good looking compensator to use as an end cap. I like the looks of the ones VQ has on their barrels but did not see the compensators sold seperately. I just want something that will fit flush and match the barrel.

Is there something out there for the 10/22 threaded at 1/2x28 or will I need to find a AR compensator? Just looking for some suggestions. Thanks...

·
Registered
924 Posts
brownells sells the volquartsen comps and you can probably buy one from volquartsen. I just put one on a GM 18 Bull stainless that I recrowned to 16 1/4 then installed and trued the comp. Ill put a picture up if I can figure how. Bill

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Pdwight said:
And something else to clean lead out of. If accuracy is your goal forget it....if you just want to look cool go for it.

Dwight P
Hey Pdwight,

Just say whats on your mind :D :D :D

Seriously everone, a 22lr doesn't really produce enough gas presure and volume to be seriously effective no matter what design is used. Pdwight is dead on the money, if cool factor is the goal have at it otherwise spend the money on practise ammo.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are kinda getting off topic. I'm not looking for a compensator to improve accuracy. I would just like to have one becuase it would look a hell of alot better than using a fabricated end cap and would not be obvious that it is threaded for a suppressor.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you install any of the clamp on types the fouling will mess up the threads and you will not be able to mount your other devices. The manufacture of your legal can most likely offers a thread protector. If you want an AR 15 style you need to insure that it has the same threads. Most AR stuff is 1/2 " 1- 28 right hand threads. Some manufactures use larger left hand threads. This helps to keep the attachment tight while in use.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had no intention of using the cheap clamp on comps. The thread protectors available that I've found are not even close to .920 and would look pretty stupid on the end of the barrel. I'll probably just end up having to pay extra for them to fabricate an end cap.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The issue with th VQ thread on brake shown above is that while the are the correct outer dia. they are threaded 13/16-20tpi. There ar some AR type brakes available that are 1" outer dia. with mill spec thread sizes. There are several other sources for brakes and flash hiders. Keep looking till you find a style you like then ask your supressor manufacture to thread your barrel and fit the brake and can with the same threads.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hers' a couple of quick suggestions that might work - depending on the gun you putting them on...

Midway, DPMS A1 three prong 7.29
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=487530

Midway, DPMS A1 birdcage slots all around, 6.29
http://www.midwayusa.com/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=518884

DPMS Linear Compensator, one of my favorites but a bit more $30 (take 25% off at Brownells).
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=524840

(the midway media server isn't allowing 3rd party posts for some reason...sorry - hit the link for the images)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.