Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.

10/22 Collectors Series - Sights

3073 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  stevebla
I'm interested in the 10/22 Collectors 2nd Edition

I see the Collector's series has a rail installed and the factory peep sight...How difficult would it be to replace with Tech Sights? Would it be the 10/22 Tech Sight or the Mini 14 Tech Sight?

Curious if anyone's done this.

Thanks!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
I think the rail screws onto the receiver using the same four holes that appear in the top of any other OEM 10/22 receiver. Also the dovetail in the front looks the same as on other 10/22's. I will have to verify tonight. So i thing the process to mount the Tech Sights should be the same as on other 10/22's.

Only downside is other 10/22's come with screws plugging the unused holes. If you remove the rail (which uses all 4) and replace with a rear Tech Sight (uses the rear two holes I recall) then you will have to find the right tiny screws to plug the unused holes. Getting kind of nit-picky here but I know i do not stand alone here if i am obsessing about details.

· Registered
47 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Try the sights that come with the rifle they are serviceable. I sight them at 50 yards with sv ammo and can shoot hv out a little further without hold over. I find hold under for closer plinking to be no problem. A Modest red dot can be had for the price of Tech sights. Tons of fun for the money!

http://www.tech-sights.com/mini-products/

An inexpensive red dot is fun goes on and off fast with good return to zero.

Scope works also but I took the rear sight off one screw. Saving my money to get 2nd rifle one for irons and red dot and one for scope. 10/22s are like that.

All I need now is a stock, receiver, and bolt and I will have my second rifle.
[/url]

· Registered
70 Posts
Scope works also but I took the rear sight off one screw.
Hey Steve,
Are you saying on my Collector's series I can just remove the last screw next to the rear sight, to remove the slght and retain the rail? I had assumed that screw was the elevation adjustment. So I am guessing the rear sight screws onto the rail and not at all into the receiver. Is that right?

Also for the OP yes the rear rail mounts to the receiver with four screws on the same spacing as the rails supplied with other 10/22s.

· Registered
471 Posts
Yes the rear sight will come off with one screw leaving the rail. If you click on the middle picture of my post above you can see where the sight was. The instructions for your rear sight can be found starting on page 38 of the link. Enjoy your rifle they are a lot of fun to shoot and tinker with. My 10/22 has helped me to shoot better by shooting more.
https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/mini.pdf

· Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Steve. The link is helpful as I recently got the Collector's Series (my second 10/22) and I did not find any instructions for that sight.

It is clear from your pic how the rear sight attaches. This is perfect as I plan to scope this rifle and want to keep the scope as low as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.