Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reaaly stupid question for ya'll. I recently came accross a very nice 5 digit 10/22 circa 1965 in new, unfired condition. (NO B.S.) I was looking for a shooter and a rifle to teach my 6 year old how to shoot with. I've worked a trade for a newer birch stock to cut up for my girl. The stock trigger is way too heavy for my daughter to use. I want to do some mods to lighten it up, but I'm worried that I might be screwing up a carbine to has some collectible value. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Collectability on 1022s is"iffy".If you choose to keep that as an option and want to improve the trigger you can buy a Volquartsen hammer from one of our sponsors and switch it out with the factory hammer.... instant nicer trigger,then if you ever want it back to original it only takes minutes to put the original back in.

·
Registered
369 Posts
marksman1022 said:
Collectability on 1022s is"iffy".If you choose to keep that as an option and want to improve the trigger you can buy a Volquartsen hammer from one of our sponsors and switch it out with the factory hammer.... instant nicer trigger,then if you ever want it back to original it only takes minutes to put the original back in.
Really? I always thought that Rugers were pretty collectible. I don't know about the 10-22s, but the revovlers seem to have a pretty good following. If the price on the 10-22 is good, I'de keep it as is and just get a different one to "hack" up on.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
While anything is collectable, 10/22's are pretty low on my list. However I have a beautiful stainless 10/22 with a laminated silver/grey International style stock that was sold exclusively through Walmart stores that I'm quite proud of. Haven't seen another like it.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Might try trading for a new/used rifle plus a little cash, if you don't want to keep it as is.

I'm in the same boat as I bought a nice 10/22 in a Hogue standard stock and an extra magazine. After I paid, the seller gave me the box for the Hogue stock... with the original walnut stock. I didn't notice that it was a 200th year barrel till I got home.
Some days you can't lose but now I don't know if I should sell it to a collector (if it has value) or sell the parts and just shoot it.

Comments?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.