Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a good book or manual for modification of the stock trigger on the 10/22? My new gun feels like it has a 25lb trigger pull.... Yikes....
Thanks,
Dr. Mike

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Skip the books, start with a VQ target hammer, several of the RFC sponsors sell em. Then a Rimfirecentral membership, it's only 20 bucks, get your info upto date rather than old stuff in a book!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Books, we don't need no stinkin' books.

I was once in the same situation as you. I thought a book would be great, but I started doing research here on this forum, and there is way more information than you will need to get that trigger where you want it.

First, read the "sticky" at the top of the action category that has diagrams by both Pinball and Chief Dave. They will be invaluable while doing the work on your 10/22. Copy the diagrams into MS Word and save the file. There will be more to add later.

Second, do a search for JB Weld trick. Copy this stuff into Word as well.

Third, join RFC. You will make up for the $20 in savings on stuff that you buy from the sponsors.

Fourth, Check out the sponsors on the mainpage of the site. Buy a new hammer from any of them. I bought the VQ hammer kit from Hawktech and I love it.

Finally, print out that Word document and get started.

Any time you have a question about a specific operation, do a search for the keywords and you will likely find help. If not, just ask like you did for the book.

Anybody can do this stuff with the help of the RFC members. :t
Good Luck.

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that anything you can find in any book can be found right here on this website, PLUS... the book won't give you personalized answers if you need something answered.

That hammer the guys are talking about will cut your trigger pull by about 2/3 ! After that..you can get serious, if need be. :D

OH!... and welcome to RFC! :t

Ron

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I agree that most all the info you will need can be gotten from the web and this site but there are some good pictures and details in the book ....The Ultimate Ruger 10/22-Manual and Users Guide by Mark White........Paladin Press books.........the Know your Ruger 10/22 book is nice but not for modifications but collectors details of the various changes and similar.......the ISBN number for the first book is 1-58160-074-7........I got mine at MidwayUSA or Brownells....HTH....good luck and good shooting!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey,
Thanks for the book advise! This is the best gun website I've been on! Great people, great forums. I'm joining asap!
By the way, is anyone using a Ramline or Butler clip autoloader? Are they worth the 30 bucks?

·
Registered
471 Posts
clip loader

They really save your thumbs some pain, the tension on the mags get to the point where after you've loaded a couple you wanna take a break... and just use the 10 rounders, so yeah get the loader. I forget which one I like... i think it's the butler creek...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.