Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are bases with which I am personally familiar, and have used, or am currently using on my 10/22s.

1. Ruger factory base (comes with the rifle) makes a good fishing weight -- or a lure if you attach some shiny aluminum foil to it. Use only if you have a cheapy $10, 3/4" tube .22 scope or an older integral rail .22 scope and can't afford anything better. Then, start saving for something better. I have three laying in my parts box.

Cost: Nothing, and worth as much.

2. Weaver TO-9 base. More substantial than the factory base. Useful if you're only using the standard Weaver tip-off rings and want to mount a small, light scope really low. Because of its thin profile, some 3rd party Weaver-type rings will not properly fit. I gave my TO-9 away for that reason. It wouldn't properly mount Millett Angle-Locs.

Cost: Around $4.00

3. Millett 10/22 base. Similar to the Weaver TO-9 but thicker, sturdier, and attaches to the receiver with all four screws. Should take all 3rd party Weaver-type rings. Mine works well with Millett Angle-Locs and Burris Signature Zee Rings (my favorite rings). It has two cross-slots for ring mounting. Allows you to mount smaller objective scopes using low or medium rings. I am using this base with low Millett Angle-Loc Rings on a standard 10/22 with a high-comb youth stock and an older Bushnell 4X, 1" .22 scope on my grandson's rifle. One of these days I will swap out the Millett Angle-Locs for a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings.

Cost: Around $4.00 - a bargain at that price

4. Power Custom Receiver Base. Has 4 Mounting screws and eight cross-slots for lots of ring-mounting flexibility for scope eye- relief. If the previous Millett base will not give you adequate barrel clearance for your front bell with medium or high rings, then try this strong, beefy base. It is thicker/higher than the Millett, and with either medium or high rings, you should have plenty of barrel clearance for those "big-glass" scopes. I'm using this base on a Chief A J Target 10/22 with a Tasco TS 6-24X44 AO scope with plenty of barrel clearance.

Cost: Around $15.00

5. Power Custom Action Base. Like the P.C. Receiver Base above, but this one extends over the barrel and has an addititional two mounting screws to hold the barrel and receiver together. Requires that the barrel be drilled and tapped for the two additional mounting screws. I have this base on my A&B barrelled 10/22 with another Tasco TS 6-24X44 AO scope.

Cost: around $44.00

Hope this helps

·
Registered
271 Posts
one thing to mention...while the PC base will mount weaver type rings...it will also mount many Picannany type rings which none of the other mentioned mounts will do...its nice because of the quick release A.R.M.S. mounts and other really beefy mounts.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Weigand One-piece mount

I have heard good things about the Weigand, "heard" being the operative word. However, I felt it would be highly improper for me to give any opinion on something I had not tried. I limited the above to only those products with which I had personal experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.