Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about buying a ruger 10/22 wally world special....here is my question. How does it handle rapid fire? I am wanting some high capacity mags and just basically use the 10/22 as a fun gun/ammo burner/plinker instead of constantly using my target grade rifles when I just want to shoot.. Iknow accuracy and barrel life in centerfires can be adversely effected by rapid shots, but what about a 22?

·
Registered
551 Posts
the 10-22.....

is probably the best 22 around for what you describe, because the parts are so easy to replace. Factory take-offs are cheap and easy to find, not to mention excellent target type barrels. But like leftyO said, you will need an awful lot of ammo to make a dent on that barrel. I would say you can blast away and pretty much forget it for a very long time.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
They last a long time

If I remember correctly somewhere there is a post here where Dakotan mentions a guy going through over 200,000 rounds in a 10/22. The point of the thread was the buffer, but I am pretty sure that the same guy was using the same barrel the whole time.

I go through around 20,000 rounds a year in mine. I've had it for over five years. I am shooting a GM now, but the factory one had about 70k through it. It still performed like new.

I have heard a story about 1,000,000 rounds. But I think it was probably just another tall tale. Not that they might not last that long, but that it would take me 500 rounds a week, 40 weeks of the year for 50 years to get to a million. It might happen, but I am not going to take bets on it.

Plus, like has been said before, they are very cheap to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.