Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a VQ TG 2000 but had read that a lot of VQ's stuf is crap. I dont know if they were talking about the TG 2K or not, so I thought Id ask if anyone has any experiance with it. And if it is crapy what aftermarket triger group would you recomend?

·
Registered
815 Posts
R14,

Volquartsen stuff is "cr*p"?!?!?!

Who told ya that??

Tell me, and I will beat him severely about the head and shoulders with my TG2000!

If it wasn't for Scott & Family....the 10/22 wouldn't be the same.

Take one $30.00 Volq. hammer and drop the pull of the Ruger trigger down to 2.5lbs immediately.

The entire TG2000 will give ya all the "bells & whistles" of auto bolt release & extended magazine release and lower trigger pull, in one fell swoop..... AND ya still got the warranty! (Send a modded trigger to Ruger and see what happens.)

I know, for a fact, that if they do sell ya something that ain't right, they will make it right.

A completely "tricked" Ruger 10/22 will never, ever be the equal of a Volquartsen Custom rifle.

As far as the Kidd Triggers....Two thumbs up, also! I have one on a 10/22LR, it's set at 6oz. Great for BR shooting. I wouldn't take it out in the fields.

The TG2000 is a good "all around" trigger.......

·
Registered
194 Posts
The Volquartsen TG2000 is an excellent trigger group. I have installed (very simple) 2 of them in 10/22's I have built up. They will give an excellent 2-2.5 lb trigger pull. As mentioned above, it also comes with extended mag release and auto bolt release. I have never had a problem and would recommend it highly.

·
Registered
512 Posts
HMMMM,

I don't think I've ever seen VQ and crap mentioned in the same post until now! :D

They make some fine products! I've got a few of there Items, and a KIDD trigger as well, and as SKI said, when dialled down to the light side, the kidd is not what I'd want to carry in the field! but I usualy have mine set at 18 oz. and I sure love that 2 stage trigger! wish it was'nt quite so expensive though :D

for some of us I think its more of having the option of adjustability, without replacing parts...+ that "something extra"

don't get me wrong, I've got 2 other rifles that wear worked trigger groups with VQ parts, and they are smooth, light and crisp. It's just when I shoot them, I make sure and hide the other from the wife... I might not get it back ;)

Kevin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thaks for the info!the whole VQ crap thing came from someone on weaponforums ( no Im not going to tell you all his name so you can give him crap). So, bottom line, VQ TG 2K or Kid 2 stage?Thanks for the help guys.:D

P.S. I was also looking at the CST auto bolt hold open on the last shot. anyone used or heard anything about these. There on hawk tech arms if you want to see them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have the KID trigger and it is incredible. Tony Kidd should just send samples to gun shows and matches and he wouldn't be able to make enough to fill the orders. That being said, the TG2000 should be excellent if you don't spend all your time shooting from a rest. I do like the fact that the KID is adjustable, but it is set just right for me at 6 oz. and I don't want to screw with it. My last trigger group was built using the VQ hammer, spring trick, JB weld trick, etc. and although I've never used the TG2000, it would have to be a whole lot better to justify the price difference. I know that the KID cost more than I wanted to spend, but I knew if I got the VQ, I would have still been wanting the KID.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad about anything from VQ.

My TG2000 does have a bit of a problem with resetting occasionally, it's not consistant and I don't know what causes it. But I did buy it used also, so I don't know it's history.

with that said -

I emailed Scott at VQ, explained that I wasn't the original owner, that I had bought it used and also explained what was going on, he seemed genuinely interested in my problem and told me to box it up and mail it to him that he'd take care of it the moment he got it and mail it back the day after. Now, that's good enough for me!!

I haven't mailed it to test his word, simply because I like the trigger group too much, I've got a Kidd coming and when I get that in my grubby little hands, I will mail off the VQ.

other than that, it's a great trigger setup!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I cant say much about the trigger but that I've heard nothing but good stuff here about them. I have 3 of their bolts and 2 barrels and I think they are all good! I will buy Volq. stuff in the future!

1drboy

·
Registered
431 Posts
VQ parts.....

I swear by them, anytime I build up a rifle for anyone I try and get as many VQ parts in there as I can because they are great parts and always work. After I had the chance to talk with Scott I learned a lot about some of the work they do and it helped me out a lot with the trigger work I do on 10/22's and I am thankful for getting to meet him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.