Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to shoot my customized ruger 10/22 yesterday and was hitting clay pidgeons standing on end at 116 paces.The clay pideons were either 4.5" or 5" around, I didnt measure. I was wondering if this is exeptional accuracy for a 10/22 or if its average?

· Registered
615 Posts
Well, it's hard to tell. If you were hitting them all dead center, that would be exceptional accuracy for a stock 10/22. Hitting them anywhere would be about average. The 10/22s I've owned would group 1 to 2 inches at 50 yards out of the box. They'll shoot much better with a little tweeking.

· Registered
398 Posts
Depends

on what you mean by "customized". My 10/22 would have hit a target that size most of the time as it came out of the box. Modified as it is now, golf balls are a more appropriate target at that range.

· Registered
16,533 Posts
Chief Says : Last time I posted on shootin Clay pidgeons, gottem
much static from others " not good backstop " .
Course I did not hit everyone that I shot at b but who can with
a 22 and a 70 mph trap thrower ?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Origionaly posted by: KlofDrachir,on what you mean by "customized". My 10/22 would have hit a target that size most of the time as it came out of the box. Modified as it is now, golf balls are a more appropriate target at that range.
By customized I mean:

Fajen thumbhole stock
Butler creek .920 bull barrel
haris bipod
and Simons Aetec 2.8-10x44 scope

· Registered
398 Posts
R14

I would expect your rig to hit a target that size just about every shot at that range provided you are using something to rest the rifle on to steady your aim. If you hit those clay pigeons consistently without at least leaning against a rest, then you are quite a shot. I'm lucky to hit a pie plate more than half the time at that distance when shooting off-hand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.