Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
37,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Very nice shooting. Nice rifle too. Will get you posted.

If you have a torque wrench ALL of mine shoot best at or about 20 inch pounds.

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
New entry

It's been 2 months since there has been a post in SuperSport Heavy. So I may as well post this here.
I shot this today with Lily Belle, a 19" GM HT, that measures .760 at the muzzle.
Here is a build thread. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829106

.173-.126-.182-.125-- 4 group average-.151 ---5 shot groups.
Shot with SK Rifle Match.

On to the next game.:bthumb:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hummmm...:coco:

Anyone heard from 86c ?
doesn't look like hes been around for a while :confused:

Oh and not to change the subject :eek:

:wave:
pipestone

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
So, I picked up a 10/22 T barrel a while back. Used, who knows how old. turns out, the box stock barrel shoots pretty good. coupled with a factory headspaced bolt that que did for me years ago. i had a revolution stock laying around, and a bunch of kidd parts in a factory trigger group. never expected it to shoot like this. 25y. SK magazine. the numbers on the top right, and bottom left i messed up. i was measuring a couple of targets at the same time and I think i transposed some numbers. or my dyslexia acting up.

correct measurements:

top left: .142", top right: .160" middle: .117" bottom left: .179"

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Good shooting as usual.:bthumb:
Most guys would pass on a used T barrel, but that one was worth the chance.
thanks fellas. the price was right. so i gave it a shot. i was kind of surprised it shot this well, i figured worst case scenario i would have had cpc turn it into a heavy taper. i think i am just going to leave it alone though. when i got it home and slugged it my first thought was 'oh, this one might shoot..." :D

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
thanks fellas. the price was right. so i gave it a shot. i was kind of surprised it shot this well, i figured worst case scenario i would have had cpc turn it into a heavy taper. i think i am just going to leave it alone though. when i got it home and slugged it my first thought was 'oh, this one might shoot..." :D
hmm..I just bought one of these barrels (used) a few weeks ago, also with the intention of sending it to Randy for a taper job...but now I guess I'm going to have to mount it and test it out first :bthumb:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
hmm..I just bought one of these barrels (used) a few weeks ago, also with the intention of sending it to Randy for a taper job...but now I guess I'm going to have to mount it and test it out first :bthumb:
the one i bought is one of the best factory ruger barrels i have ever shot. shoots better than the last 2 kidd barrels i bought new. i guess it goes to show that you never know. :bthumb:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.