Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
At least I qualified for one game today.

eley club, 10/22 with kidd 20" .920 and a revolution laminate stock, que bolt and VQ trigger parts.

top left .389-.217 = .172"
top right .458 - .217 = .241" (too close for comfort!)
middle .399 - .217 = .182"
bottom left .354 - .217 = .137"

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Thanks fellas! That is the one I built for my wife a few years ago. the LOP is a little short for me, but the kidd barrel and que bolt are a good combo. the VQ trigger stuff isn't my preference, but Ms. Chatterbox loves it.....

I almost made Rico's game with it, but the humidity was wrecking havoc on the ammo.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
so my new rifle seems to have qualified for the 1/4" game first time out, no adjustments other than sight in. Seems the kidd barrels are pretty consistent in their bedding preferrences.

.0925, .1740, .1695 and .1480

.2424, .2324, .1109 and .1024

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
" Stocks:
Factory, Modified Factory, and Sporter weight and design, aftermarket or custom stocks allowed.
Stocks may be wood, wood laminate or synthetic (injection molded plastic, carbon fiber, Kevlar or other "synthetic" materials) .
NO THUMB HOLE or MILITARY/TACTICAL stocks. If we allow these we are stepping into Ultimate and/Tactical Forum's places and we are not here to steal their Threads."

should be fine here unless its got an unauthorized stock.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
ok guys, wasn't really in the mood but the day was too nice and i'm looking at a 65 hour week. my holes are ragged and hard to measure. just interwebz patterns on stock paper. am i at least getting the math right ? what bothers me is Clems reference shots are .200 - .220 and mine aren't even close to that.

the most consistent way to measure is outside to outside of the grease mark, for both the singles and the group. cardstock targets are also more consistent.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
So, I picked up a 10/22 T barrel a while back. Used, who knows how old. turns out, the box stock barrel shoots pretty good. coupled with a factory headspaced bolt that que did for me years ago. i had a revolution stock laying around, and a bunch of kidd parts in a factory trigger group. never expected it to shoot like this. 25y. SK magazine. the numbers on the top right, and bottom left i messed up. i was measuring a couple of targets at the same time and I think i transposed some numbers. or my dyslexia acting up.

correct measurements:

top left: .142", top right: .160" middle: .117" bottom left: .179"

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Good shooting as usual.:bthumb:
Most guys would pass on a used T barrel, but that one was worth the chance.
thanks fellas. the price was right. so i gave it a shot. i was kind of surprised it shot this well, i figured worst case scenario i would have had cpc turn it into a heavy taper. i think i am just going to leave it alone though. when i got it home and slugged it my first thought was 'oh, this one might shoot..." :D

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
hmm..I just bought one of these barrels (used) a few weeks ago, also with the intention of sending it to Randy for a taper job...but now I guess I'm going to have to mount it and test it out first :bthumb:
the one i bought is one of the best factory ruger barrels i have ever shot. shoots better than the last 2 kidd barrels i bought new. i guess it goes to show that you never know. :bthumb:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
My latest build. old Fajen stock, headspaced bolt, trigger job, kidd 16.5 SS fluted and threaded bull, weaver v16, silencerco sparrow.

.137, .117, .106, .107

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Its possible. I only put around 100 rounds through it today. I didnt really shoot it much without the sparrow on it, except for the first magazine to get it on paper. But it seemed to group about the same without a can for those first groups. This does confirm my suspicions that a kidd barrel can shoot really well with threading (even wtih fluting). my chromoly feddersen is also fluted and threaded (not back bored), it doesnt shoot this well, but it shoots with my 20 SS Kidd bull that has no threading/fluting. This one seems to be pretty close in terms of accuracy (at least with this price point of ammo at this short distance) to my 16.5" kidd bull that is #4 on the ultimate 25y list. So all in all I am pretty excited. :bthumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.