Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:41 PM
trex454
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
M64 bolt part

I have a new (to me) 1418 (Mannlicher, .22LR) ... this is a 64 'match' action with a double-set; it is a ~1979 gun and so considered a 'new' model Anschutz...in very good shape...

I've determined that this one shoots well enough to want to keep it and so have started accumulating extra pieces...magazines, a new butt plate...
Q:
I would like to pick up a new 'bolt'; the part that houses the bolt handle and contains the
milled bolt-stop groove...from what i can see this is the correct part:
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/10-Bolt-with-Handle.html
can anyone confirm that for me }:~

The bolt assembly in the gun now works well enough, but that stop-groove shows a fair amount of peening-wear where it acts to limit bolt travel...previous must have been used to extracting
.458 WIN cases from his buffalo rifle

Anyone...!?
Old 08-30-2017, 07:41 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
So you're like me, a perfectionist that wants spares to keep it going for a few lifetimes? Note: If you buy that bolt part,you'll need a knob too,and the closest thing to a match of the original integrated blued steel knob,is a Canyon Creek knob,which will be another chunk of change.
You might also have a head space issue.
A place like International Shooters Service, might have a NOS part for your need,eliminating the need for a knob purchase.

I would be more concerned with the part that caused the peening.

Member Bob Smalser can probably advise you better than I can.

Last edited by Camster; 08-30-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
With shipping cost about an extra $30, you might as well buy a used complete bolt off Ebay, with bolt head and small parts. In my experience, there is a very good chance that it fits with just very minor changes.

I guess that your vintage bolt should be the one that is all silver-coloured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Bob Smalser
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There were at least two completely different series of bolts made for the 64, and within that, some had swept handles and some didn't, which affects stock fit. There are no guarantees without trying the complete setup.

Buy it after insuring the vendor will accept a return if it doesn't fit.

And for another hundred bucks against 800 worth of rifle, this is a wise move. Once that bolt stop slot is badly peened and repaired, it loses whatever surface hardening it had and the problem recurs with a vengeance. EBay bolts are usually out of old club guns broken up for parts and have the same wear problems as the one you are replacing.

Last edited by Bob Smalser; 08-31-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:05 PM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smalser View Post
There were at least two completely different series of bolts made for the 64, and within that, some had swept handles and some didn't, which affects stock fit. There are no guarantees without trying the complete setup.

Buy it after insuring the vendor will accept a return if it doesn't fit.

And for another hundred bucks against 800 worth of rifle, this is a wise move. Once that bolt stop slot is badly peened and repaired, it loses whatever surface hardening it had and the problem recurs with a vengeance. EBay bolts are usually out of old club guns broken up for parts and have the same wear problems as the one you are replacing.

I can assure you that the bolts from Anschutzking on Ebay are not worn out old bolts but come from working rifles that were privately owned. German clubs don't use a lot of 64 Match rifles.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:19 PM
Bob Smalser
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
I can assure you that the bolts from Anschutzking on Ebay are not worn out old bolts but come from working rifles that were privately owned. German clubs don't use a lot of 64 Match rifles.
I was thinking Bulgarian.

But I also suggest that an ad for a 64 bolt needs a clear pic of the area of concern before I recommend anyone buy it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Ans...AAAOSw9OFZKvWT

Old 08-31-2017, 07:52 PM
trex454
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
...well ****...lost the whole thing...and it was a rambling masterpiece }:~
I really appreciate the info that my post invoked...taking all things into consideration since i'm not in a hurry on this

My 1979 1418 bolt is 'in the white', swept bolt handle and integral knob (not a separate piece)

The 10c bolt (link in original post) still seems like a good approach; with that and a bolt rebuild kit from:
http://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/parts.html
I would essentially have a new bolt and might maintain the headspace...(remains to be seen)

at any rate...thank you all again