Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:01 PM
fabpeter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWUtah View Post
I just emailed Lithgow and got a prompt response from their customer service. The LA101 will be shown at the 2016 Las Vegas Shot Show in January. Don't know what that means as far as actually being able to buy one here in the U.S.
I think that it means that they are definitely on their way to you!!!

They are certainly over here and available from a number of retailers, here's one........................http://www.gunstar.co.uk/lithgow-aus.../rifles/770992

Peter.

Last edited by fabpeter; 12-17-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Siloshooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Watched the video & I am quite intrigued. I like the overall design and quality, and the 60 degree, 3-lug bolt is great. If they come to the U.S. I'll buy one.
Me too. I'd love to have one.
If the action used for the .22 LR is the same one shared for the .308 this rifle must be built like a tank.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabpeter View Post
I think that it means that they are definitely on their way to you!!!

They are certainly over here and available from a number of retailers, here's one........................http://www.gunstar.co.uk/lithgow-aus.../rifles/770992

Peter.
Not a Bad price, it works out to about 480.50 USD... fabpeter how much experience do you have with the Lithgow, and what do you think of the cross over.....Thanks MRXT

Last edited by MRXT; 12-17-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Siloshooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I just emailed Lithgow and got a prompt response from their customer service. The LA101 will be shown at the 2016 Las Vegas Shot Show in January. Don't know what that means as far as actually being able to buy one here in the U.S.
If they are showing these at the Shot Show they are almost definitely coming here or trying to gauge interest and demand before bringing them over.
They may be even lining up distributors and dealers at the Shot Show.
Don't know how big of a company they are but the US is a huge market for guns compared to Europe and I wonder if they have the production capacity.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:58 PM
fabpeter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'm sorry to disappoint you MRXT, but you've got your conversion "a**e about face!" LOL.
675 is actually about US$1007! I expect though that US prices will be more favourable..................they usually are! (Canada might be a bit nearer to our price............maybe?)

My "experience" with the Crossover is limited to helping a guy at my club zero his new rig.
So apart from shooting about 4 rounds and looking it over, thats about it.

It did make quite an impression on myself and some of the other lads at the range but the owner jumped in his Porsche Macan and drove off before we got to asking how much he had paid for it.

Anyway, some of 'em insisted that I research the price/rifle and text them the details.

Thats about the extent of my experience sir, but it was enough to know that the OP was mistaken in his "455 clone" theory.

Peter.

Last edited by fabpeter; 12-17-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabpeter View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you MRXT, but you've got your conversion "a**e about face!" LOL.
675 is actually about US$1007! I expect though that US prices will be more favourable..................they usually are!

My "experience" with the Crossover is limited to helping a guy at my club zero his new rig.
So apart from shooting about 4 rounds and looking it over, thats about it.

It did make quite an impression on myself and some of the other lads at the range but the owner jumped in his Porsche Macan and drove off before we got to asking how much he had paid for it.

Anyway, some of 'em insisted that I research the price/rifle and text them the details.

Thats about the extent of my experience sir, but it was enough to know that the OP was mistaken in his "455 clone" theory.

Peter.
No Sir, I am sorry, I converted Aussie to yank.. the lights are on but nobody's home.....And you are very right nothing but the mags are alike..
Old 12-17-2015, 10:05 PM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
rifle action looks good....... BUTTTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRXT View Post
No Sir, I am sorry, I converted Aussie to yank.. the lights are on but nobody's home.....And you are very right nothing but the mags are alike..
The stock is butt ugly. They need options on stocks to satisfy many shooters.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
The stock is butt ugly. They need options on stocks to satisfy many shooters.
Is this any better......

Old 12-17-2015, 11:10 PM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
gr8guns:Yes, I'll go along with that...The stock is ugly. However, having spent considerable time with this rifle off hand and on a bench, I can tell you that a lot of thought went into the design as it handles and balances very well. My original intention was to have a walnut classic style stock built but it will be staying in the laminate stock now.

DavoM: I see you're in Tasmania. Rolf Hey from Acme Engineering in Hobart built mine. He also built me a full custom using a Cooper 57M action. The Cooper is nice but the LA101 action has all the basics to run with the "high end" production sporters.

Don't forget folks...These are being built to compete with CZ, Ruger, Anschutz 64 etc. here in Australia so Thales have had to cut corners in places to keep costs down.

My action has had the usual build treatment - Premium stainless barrel, match chamber, trigger work, bedding etc. I've only had one range session since the modified rifle was delivered but I've seen enough to know it will run with the Cooper build and all my Anschutz 17XX sporters.

Last edited by HJA8; 12-17-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:23 AM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Interesting looking rifle, & out of my price range, but that stock! Not a bit of elegance in any of 'em! Maybe if it looked more like a 455 stock???
Old 12-18-2015, 01:05 AM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan harris View Post
gr8guns:Yes, I'll go along with that...The stock is ugly. However, having spent considerable time with this rifle off hand and on a bench, I can tell you that a lot of thought went into the design as it handles and balances very well. My original intention was to have a walnut classic style stock built but it will be staying in the laminate stock now.

DavoM: I see you're in Tasmania. Rolf Hey from Acme Engineering in Hobart built mine. He also built me a full custom using a Cooper 57M action. The Cooper is nice but the LA101 action has all the basics to run with the "high end" production sporters.

Don't forget folks...These are being built to compete with CZ, Ruger, Anschutz 64 etc. here in Australia so Thales have had to cut corners in places to keep costs down.

My action has had the usual build treatment - Premium stainless barrel, match chamber, trigger work, bedding etc. I've only had one range session since the modified rifle was delivered but I've seen enough to know it will run with the Cooper build and all my Anschutz 17XX sporters.

Thanks Allan . Rolf is only 30 mins from me and has done work for my son. Going to have a look at a CZ 452 Varmint tomorrow and I know the store has a Lithgow in stock . Will check it out.
I can understand what folks are saying about the aesthetics of the stock however I can see the thought that has gone into the ergonomics of the design.
What did you do to the trigger? I handled a 308 at the Melbourne Shotshow and felt the trigger was quite heavy. I'm assuming that there is some adjustment?
Old 12-18-2015, 03:56 AM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoM View Post
What did you do to the trigger?
OEM trigger on the LA101 is non adjustable. However, with a few mods (fitted a grub screw to control creep, internal polish and springs changes, it is pretty good

Old 12-18-2015, 06:01 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have been following the Lithgow for a number of years now[actually it was sporter who turned me on to them]... I am on their mail list, and get pretty frequent emails from them... but no sign of any coming to the Americas yet.....I don't think they resemble the CZ at all, 3 lugs, 60 degree bolt lift. I would buy one immediately if they make it to our shores .......

Lets see if the power of Rimfire Central can do us a solid, and get Lithgow talking to the sponsors here and get the members a package deal for a shipment...............
I would throw in on that, even two, if there was classic wood stock sporter 22mag and/or match/target like in 22lr?

Quote:
The 64,000 $ question is how do they build 22lr barrels? lapped and polished with tapered or choked bores? What is the recipe to "OUTSHOOT" Anschutz 64's. I dont see any targets posted or match winning results. And Anschutz 64 dont seem like gods gift to competition shooters, and yet they do carry a hefty list price. The goal to fall mid way on pricing AND too out shoot the 64's or just equal.

And, BTW, I posted on the other forum, Anschutz 1516 sporter in 17 hrm are on sale for $750 at anacortez. Available today at precisely the mid price point. Classic. Except the 17 part of the situation, which is a non starter for me.

Sorry for the mis post, this is the correct link-

https://www.anacortesgunshop.com/ans...d-17hmr-117887

The Tbolts , in the plastic varmints, appear worthy of consideration at this price point too. Relatively Light gun with a nice barrel taper and smooth action.

Last edited by fourbore; 12-18-2015 at 08:03 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old 12-18-2015, 06:51 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It does not save money to build an ugly stock:

If the butt bottom is flat for bench shooting, the forearm should also be flat. If the forearm has a shape optimum for use in the filed, then the butt end should compliment that look. This does not appear well considered and makes me suspect regarding the whole gun. I have seem well considered stocks that can be shoot offhand and on the bench and this is not one of those.

There is a Boyd that comes pretty close to a do-all compromise. Two stocks seems a minimum. One a classic wood sporter and one for various range uses.

Last edited by fourbore; 12-18-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:54 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Is this any better......

Actually...No its still ugly but if it shoots well folks will forgive it that.