Notes of interest for current/perspective Baikal MP161K owners - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
cvitter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Notes of interest for current/perspective Baikal MP161K owners

The following are just a couple of items I thought might be interesting to those who are interested in buying the MP161K or already own one:
  • If you don't yet own an MP161K and might be in the market Davidson's has them on sale right now: GallerOfGuns.com - MP161K. The current price is about $15 less than I paid last month.

• If you are in the market for additional magazines I called the folks at EAA who import the MP161K to try and buy some today. They are out of stock with no ETA on when they get them. When they are in stock on magazine sells for $40 (gasp). If you buy 2 or more the prices drops to $25 each so 2 would be $50 (plus $10 shipping).

• The MP161K Owner's Manual can be found online. This manual is NOT the same as what came in the box with my rifle. It actually has instructions on how to field strip the rifle which are missing from the printed manual (and really, really helpful).
Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
STICKY: Baikal МР-161К

Source: Owner's Manual, Magazines
Quote:
Originally Posted by aom22 View Post
Sticky: Baikal МР-161К & МР-141К Carbines
Notes of interest for current/perspective Baikal MP161K owners - Owners Manual, Magazine Source | cvitter
IZH/Baikal MP-161K - COW 54
Old 05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Dtodd6262

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just called EAA and ordered 4 at $24 each. They ship the end of next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 PM
cvitter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh, that's awesome. I got to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the update!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:33 AM
cvitter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I called this morning and placed my order. I was told roughly two weeks before they came in but I can wait.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 AM
cvitter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvitter View Post
I called this morning and placed my order. I was told roughly two weeks before they came in but I can wait.
Well, two weeks have passed and I have yet to hear anything about the magazines shipping. Kind of frustrating now as I have been putting a lot of rounds though my rifle and it would be nice to have those extra magazines!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:59 AM
zain

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvitter View Post
Well, two weeks have passed and I have yet to hear anything about the magazines shipping. Kind of frustrating now as I have been putting a lot of rounds though my rifle and it would be nice to have those extra magazines!
i have observed that you are generous in sharing ur experinces. i do have a similliar rifle too but dont have enough time to take it to the range like you. please share your experience as to how your rifle behaves with regard to the accuracy , ease of use , FTF, FTE with passage of time and passge of lots of lead through tube
Old 05-19-2012, 12:39 PM
cvitter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zain View Post
i have observed that you are generous in sharing ur experinces. i do have a similliar rifle too but dont have enough time to take it to the range like you. please share your experience as to how your rifle behaves with regard to the accuracy , ease of use , FTF, FTE with passage of time and passge of lots of lead through tube
Thanks for saying so Zain. i will post an update to my experiences with the 161K today.