Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
oldschool1

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Soviet tula mts-12-1....pic hvy

new to me...got this from TUNERED and what a fine rifle it seems to be....with all the available info ive found from this site and others....this is the mts-12-1 and not the mts-12......mts-12 dates from 1949-1959......mts-12-1 dates from 1960 - about 1970............mts-12-1 had walnut stock,different rear sight apeture location and a different trigger group that would allow you to have 1/2-6 oz pull and/or by turning a screw you could then go from 3-5 pounds.....very unique set-up............trigger will easily adjust down to LESS THAN 1/2 OUNCE.....there were several times i thought my lyman digital pull was broken because it simply wouldnt register when the trigger broke....THATS CRAZY LIGHT.....which explains why they put a finger rest on this rifle for the trigger finger....there is no pulling or squeezing this thing.....its a mere touch that fires it.....you basically have your trigger finger in the finger rest{because you certainly cant rest it on the trigger blade}and then ever so gently slide your finger inward till contact is made with it and it fires......a jewel 2 oz trigger is HEAVY compared to this thing.....the trigger blade and finger rest are adjustable for and aft to suit the shooter.....there is no take-up or overtravel at all....absolutely the finest trigger ive ever seen....another thing about this trigger group...with bolt out of rifle you can practice dry-fire all you want with no harm to anything....the reciever and bbl are massive....the bolt stop and bolt release function are controlled by one lever that simply swings outward....it is pillared and bedded and held with 2 very large action screws.....the rear sight has a knurled knob that allows you to lock it into place once elevation is set...also adjustable for eye relief fore and aft....and the inner portion of the apeture is threaded to accept appetures such as the merit disc,anschutz,gehman and parker hale with the appropriate adapter....the front sight will accept the 16.1 mm clear inserts for a parker hale sight....the bolt has 4 lugs and the firing pin reminds me alot of the suhl pin with the cams...i do think that there was a curse put on this rifle though....since ive had it....ive had no real time to play with it,had a match i was going to shoot it in but got rained out and am still recovering from flu bug ....lol....but from what lil bit i did shoot it....its a bad boy.....sick as all get out and couldnt stand it....told mamma i was gonna brave the cold and take 5 bullets and rifle out to bench and then call it quits as i was feeling terrible.....had 5 bullets....shot 2 as foulers/warmers and the next 3 were in a wad the size of a pencil eraser.....shot at 50 yards,bipod,weaver 36,sk pistol match.........looking forward to feelin better and having some time to play.....

Last edited by oldschool1; 12-18-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:16 PM
midwest swiss
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice write up there.
It's hard to believe that rifle was designed by a blind man.
Give us some more range reporting when the Gypsy curse has been lifted.
Looks to be a shooter.

Swiss

Last edited by midwest swiss; 12-18-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Soviet Tula MTS-12-1 ... Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool1 View Post
... trigger will easily adjust down to LESS THAN 1/2 OUNCE .....
which explains why they put a finger rest on this rifle for the trigger finger....
there is no pulling or squeezing this thing.....
its a mere touch that fires it....
WOW ... very impressive - aom22.
oldschool1, I Stickied your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom22 View Post
Sticky: Russian Sporting Rifle
Soviet Tula MTS-12-1....pic hvy | oldschool1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 07:48 AM
tom c.
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
nice rifle, i see you finally found some pod paws.
thanks for taking some good pics, really different
kind of gun. i would love to go to mt guns sometime
and see all the different stuff he has in there. must
be like a museum in itself. i saw the online video but
it only tells part of what's there.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:08 AM
tunered

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to tunered Send a message via Yahoo to tunered
If anybody made a rifle like that today it would have a three thousand dollar tag, massive is the right word, Nice pics, kinda makes me ill, Get better soon. ed
Old 12-19-2010, 11:18 AM
oldschool1

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Smile

woooo-hooo....got myself a sticky....thanks....should anybody have or find any other info on this rifle and want to share ...that would be great....MASSIVE IS VERY TRUE....much larger than my remington 40x and the reciever itself is right at 8 inches long......just hope i can get it to shoot straight....LOL........
Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fig.13. Rifle MP-12 ... Fig.18. Rifle MP -12-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool1 View Post
....should anybody have or find any other info on this rifle
and want to share ...that would be great....
Look at Fig.13. Rifle MP-12 and Fig.18. Rifle MP -12-3.
The images may show how the original stocks looked like.
Sporting Guns
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
oldschool1

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
AOM22....thanks for the info....a good read and full of history...and yes fig 13 looks like a dead ringer of mine as far as stock shape...