Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Rocks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hand Stop for Cadet

I just picked up a used Cadet today for my 11 year old daughter who has been shooting for a year now using a club gun. It's 5 years old but looks new without a mark on it. Apparently the guy bought it for his son but he just didn't get into target shooting and didn't use it much. Luckily, he still had all the accessories except 2, the hand stop and sling. The sling is no great loss as they don't seem very good anyway. The hand stop is a different story as standard stuff won't fit the rail. My question is should I try to find an original replacement, like from MTguns, or go ahead and replace the rail? Bearing in mind cash is tight.
Thanks for your help and thanks for this great forum. I've been searching a lot and the threads on things like the plastic globe inserts and the stickies are great.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:59 AM
singleshotcajun
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This one will work but will likely require thinning for it to fit. It was too thick(wide) for the rail on my Vostok but a little file work took care of it.
http://www.championshooters.com/stor...cat=262&page=1
Old 12-05-2010, 01:08 AM
joe k

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
any body got info about a palm rest for the cm-2
thanks.
joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 01:55 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe k View Post
any body got info about a palm rest for the cm-2
You might read some of Charlotte's threads/posts.
Charlotte's CM-2
Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
joe k

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
i did it seems she replaced her rail i would prefere not to have to do that.
joe.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
There is no good reason to resist replacing the rail. My rail cost me $12 from Champchoice and there has never been a regret. I can now use any handstop I want and I can use a bipod for supporting the rifle when I leave the firing line.
I had a local gunsmith do the install on my rail and don't remember what he charged me, but it wasn't much. The palm rest is just another reason you should seriously consider replacing the rail.
Google Earnest Shooting Products and get her a hook buttplate. You are still going to be miles ahead of what you would have spent on an Anschutz.
BTW, the CM-2 doesn't really have a handstop, just a sling swivel.
She also needs a better selection of front sight inserts than what comes with the rifle. The plastic insets are my personal favorite and they are $20 for a set.

Last edited by Charlotte; 12-12-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Rocks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks very much Charlotte. As far as the rail I talked to her coach at the club. He is retired and used to do mill work so he has a lot of equipment. He says he can mill the rail out to fit standard stuff so he is taking care of that for me. Nice eh?

I googled Earnest Shooting Products and ESP but the only thing I am finding is a handstop and bipod on Brensovich.com. I am planning to buy a junior synthetic sling from Brensovich as her coach and the people at the club highly recommend them. Do you know of any retailers or sites for ESP buttplates?

I think I will pick up the plastic inserts too as they are so reasonable.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
Bill Earnest does not have a web site. You will have to call him and he will send you a catalog. His prices are very good, his products are also first class.
Best of luck to your daughter on her shooting. We had a youngster with our club get a full scholarship on his shooting. He is now at West Point.
Earnest Shooting Products
345 East Coal Street
Treverton, PA 17881
570-797-4872