Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
jedrfc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Browning T Bolt

To owners past and present, what are your comments on the Browning Tbolt.
I am looking at a price of $599.00 in excellent condition.

jedrfc
Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (144)
I love my new T-Bolt. I paid less than that, but it was last year. Mine is one of the best rifles I own. Not the best, but among my favorites. You should be able to find a new one for that price. If that one your looking at has great wood, then it might sway me, but you can buy then NIB for the same price.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
jedrfc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Browning

The used one had mounted sight rings, but no scope.

Gander Mountain has a new one for $50.00 more, but I am not certain if rings come with the new guns.

jedrfc

Old 03-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
For 50 bucks,go new.Rings are not included.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Sheriff160
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Does the used one come with any extra magazines? They are about $40.00 a pop. I am very happy with my T-Bolt (new version) but I agree with the other posts. You can find one NIB for that price. Depending on what rings are on the rifle they could be a pretty penny as well. Do you know if they are Browning rings/mounts?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:20 PM
vagabond II

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am new to this forum, but I have been lurking in the shadows for awhile now. I too have a t bolt that I purchased at auction when a local gun shop went bankrupt. Got it nib for $300 plus the $50 auction fee.
Are the Browning mounts and rings pretty good for this rifle? They run about $75 if you buy them separately or $50 for the integrated set from Browning.
Which type is best for a 2.5 -7 x 33 Leupold?
The rifle I have is just the sporter model and the wood is nice but not as nice as some that I have seen on other posts. I like the feel of the rifle and the straight bolt action is pretty smooth. Looking forward to putting the scope on and seeing what it can do in the field.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (144)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond II View Post
I am new to this forum, but I have been lurking in the shadows for awhile now. I too have a t bolt that I purchased at auction when a local gun shop went bankrupt. Got it nib for $300 plus the $50 auction fee.
Are the Browning mounts and rings pretty good for this rifle? They run about $75 if you buy them separately or $50 for the integrated set from Browning.
Which type is best for a 2.5 -7 x 33 Leupold?
The rifle I have is just the sporter model and the wood is nice but not as nice as some that I have seen on other posts. I like the feel of the rifle and the straight bolt action is pretty smooth. Looking forward to putting the scope on and seeing what it can do in the field.
to RFC...

That price is crazy high for mounts. This is what I have....

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/prod...ducts_id=85382

Same here but a tad cheaper...

http://www.clearlyoptics.com/sport-o...atte-scope-set

These will be perfect for the scope you asking about, and that would be a perfect scope for that rifle.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 PM
vagabond II

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Gizzy for the info. on the scope base. We only have one gun shop in town that even c.ares those mounts and they are very proud of them. I have already placed my order and hopefully by next weekend we'll be in business.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Sheriff160
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
The Weaver #15 bases will also fit the New Model T-Bolt. Then you can choose from a variety of ring options. I chose Burris low rings for a Leupold 2-7x33 and it works great.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
big mule1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you buy one...

I haven't posted on here in forever but, I still lurk occasionally. If you buy a T-bolt and need the rings/bases, shoot me a pm. I have a set of Talley one pieces that have been lapped but, I can't use them (scope objective is too big). I'd make you a killer deal on them as they are essentially useless to me. I ended up using Leupold mounts and high rings. I'd rather see them go to someone who could use them than sit in a drawer in my workshop.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Army
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My HB has become my favorite rifle....period. The lousiest groups remain well under 1" at 75yds, regardless of ammo quality. It really likes CCI Velocitors and their 40gr, very high velocity impact. Pinging the 125yd 2" ringer is too easy.

Nice bit of wood, very well finished steel, extremely tight bolt lock-up, and adjstable trigger. Sweet stuff indeed