Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:27 PM
T191032

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Air Rifles and slings

A fellow I know has a Gamo Extreme .177 [ gave me the busted scope this weekend, the crosshairs turned in the scope, off kilter ] and one of the Beeman .177/.22 convertable models. We had discussed a sling for his Gamo, and he travelled to Gander Mtn, in nearby Winchester, VA to look over their offerings. I had told him of the Gamo offering, where it slips over the barrel like those for shotguns.

Well, he ended up making one, and put it on the Beeman. He brought it to show me Saturday. Attachement to the front was on the Barrel, since it is a switch barrel air rifle, he removed the barrel, slipped it in the slings front slit and re-installed into the gun. Attached to the butt, temporarly with webbing. All leather construction, using flat slips of leather like a buckle set up, added a wide slip of leather for sling carry and I was able to "sling up" just like you would with the old M-1907 Leather sling used on the old Springfield 1903 rifles and Garands. Locked up pretty good when I got my arm into the "loop" sling position... More surprising, I did it right the first time, and the sucker was almost welded to me! He estimated the materials would be about $50.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:47 AM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pictures Please

T191032 ... post some pictures - if you have them.
Or, how about some links that illustrate your info?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:25 AM
T191032

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I do with I had the camera with me, but did not. Didn't even think cellphone camera. . . LOL

The Gamo Gun Buddy Rifle Sling -

http://www.airgundepot.com/gamo-gun-...iflesling.html

M-1907 Sling

http://www.fulton-armory.com/slinguse.htm

Web sling (used a lot by Appleseed shooters )

http://www.ray-vin.com/tech/websling/webslinghelp.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Military Sling Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by T191032 View Post
T191032 ... Excellent links.
Extremely good, basic information - aom22.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 PM
T191032

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I spoke to the man this past weekend. He went ahead and made them for his other air rifle, so I should be able to take pictures this weekend of his setup.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:36 PM
RedFeather

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Might want to shoot his gun first

Someone just asked the same question on the Yellow. Thing you need to watch is how the sling affects the POI. Most springers are hold sensitive and the strain of a sling might throw them off. (The "artillery hold" doesn't do more than support the forearm, for example.) It was suggested you could take some rope, etc, and make a temporary sling, moving it around to see if there is a good anchor point which won't affect the gun. Also, a sling on a break barrel puts strain on the lockup. Pull down and you'll have instant droop. I think they are OK for carrying, but that's about it.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:36 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Redfeather is correct, shooting an air rifle with a tight sling will affect your pellet impact. I use mine for a carrying strap only. Experiment on your rifle just to check it out yourself.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:33 PM
T191032

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Right up front, I'll admit it. . .I forgot the camera. {Blonde moments suck}

Yes, he uses it for carry, put on a wide strap for that reason. I was interested in it as a shooting sling first and foremost, with how he adapted it to the air rifles. Hopefully, we'll get things straightened out and I'll get pics. <fingers crossed>