Russian Match Rifle Purchase - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
Russian Match Rifle Purchase

Who would want to commit to buying one of the nicer Russian match rifles? Jack404 from down under makes a great point. Of course we don't know the cost yet, but considering the CM-2 we should still be below Anschutz $.
I guess the circumstances would necessitate doing one particular model, but not necessarily(sp?)
I figure I can spend a year digging up buyers and I'll put myself on the list. Who knows what's possible?
I'll attempt to get a ballpark $ figure on the rifles so we'll know what we are up against.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 AM
easygoing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
depending on cost i'd be good for one. i've been a good target rifle for my younger daughter for a while now.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Izhmash "CHESS" BI-7-4 ver. 09 and URAL 6-2 with Adjustable Buttstock & Comb

I would be interested in a "Chess" - Rifle Elite Class BI-7-4 performance 09 - "БИ-7-4" исполнения 09

And, a URAL 6-2 with adjustable buttstock comb

With one caveat: the cost needs to significantly undercut the price of a comparable ANSCHÜTZ model.
This is why I purchased an Izhmash/Larsen Recruit Rifle rather than an ANSCHÜTZ Fortner 1827.
Or, why I would purchase a BI-7-4 ... I can afford it.

So, why haven't I purchased a BI-7-4?
I'm waiting to see the price of the Izhmash "CHESS" BI-7-4 ver. 09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Charlotte

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
I've e-mailed RAA and asked for some ball park idea of how much these rifles would cost.
At the bottom of the page are 2 differnt versions of the 6-2 and I'd be tickled with either one.
http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/ural-5-1.shtml
I'd be happy with both and also like to have a 5-1 but I need to control myself. As far as the non adjustable comb model, I am fine with replacing the buttplate and installing a Masterclass cheekpiece. If they will give us an idea of what these will cost we can start making some hard plans.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Charlotte

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
AOM, I hear you. They DO need to undercut anschutz, but I think that's pretty likely.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:49 AM
azmbl22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'm in for sure!

I had to get a sobol after I saw the great threads by AOM....
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Jack404

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, seein i kicked the guts of this i suppose i'd better put my mark on one

i dont have a rimfire in the US ( gave the last one to a mates kid) so... i'll add this to the 10/22 i was planning on

let me know when and how much and it'll be wired to you if someone can send it to my FFL (Oregon) ,at my expence, 'til i get there and do the NRA ( non resident alien ) paperwork and have it listed on my DHS ( homeland security )file

it may not get sorted before this trip but as Arny says "i'll be back" sooner or later so no worries that way,

if you need room for 2-3more but dont have the people let me know i'll sponsor a couple more and ask here for help to sell later

cheers

jack

Last edited by Jack404; 09-14-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Charlotte

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
I haven't gotten a reply back from them yet and we don't know what the cost is going to be but my personal favorite of the three is the 6-2 with the non adjustable comb. I prefer to have an aluminum buttplate like the MEC III and install my own Masterclass cheek piece. I'm guessing few would want the 5-1. You really need to be shooting competetively to justify that setup. From what I can tell so far the rifle itself is the same, only the stocks are different.
How about some discussion to see which is the most desired of the 3 models.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Jack404

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
6-2 "V" here
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 PM
calixt0
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
ive been looking at something that would compete accuracy with an anshutz without getting an anshutz. when you figure out prices let us know. I'm interested but would also want to know exactly what model was available.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 AM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Accuracy Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by calixt0 View Post
ive been looking at something that would compete accuracy with an anshutz without getting an anshutz....
Each version may have three modifications:
Quote:
The "Ural-5-1" non-standard rifle differs from the "Ural-6-2" standard rifle in the stock design,
availability of additional adjustment to provide the best suiting to the shooter's built, and the complete set, as well.
  • - N - with normal accuracy of fire;
  • - P - with improved accuracy of fire;
  • - V - with high accuracy of fire.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:25 AM
flor1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd be interested any idea on availability of a left handed model.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Charlotte

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
I'll personally vouch for the accuracy of my CM-2 vs Anschutz. I have a new Anschutz 1907 that I shot exclusively for a year and I prefer the CM-2 and have gone back to it and in pretty short order I am shooting higher scores.
The drawbacks, at least on the CM-2, are cosmetic (easily overlooked) and non standard thread size on sights for upgrading to aftermarket irises and apertures (easily resolvable). A MAJOR plus is that there is nothing else to buy. With an anschutz you get the rifle, a small screwdriver and an allen wrench and maybe a handstop. With these you get front and rear sights, handstop, sling, cleaning accessories comparable to Dewey.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:04 PM
calixt0
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I like this one http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/ural6-2.shtml but would like the most accurate version. I don't know what all the doo dads are on the fancier ones. I just want a good target rifle that I can shoot off the bench easily and also take out to the field and carry easily as well.

would this fit the bill??? can i get the 6-2 in the v version? Also can I mount a scope on this ?

Quote:
- N - with normal accuracy of fire;
- P - with improved accuracy of fire;
- V - with high accuracy of fire.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calixt0 View Post
I don't know what all the doo dads are on the fancier ones. I just want a good target rifle that I can shoot off the bench easily and also take out to the field and carry easily as well.
The doodads are used to improve the fit and stability of the rifle for formal Prone and 3-P shooting. The curved projection at the back is called a butt-hook. It lays against the upper chest/armpit. The hook's function is to act as a counterbalance when shooting standing, and to increase the contact area in the prone and kneeling positions, allowing more consistent position and reducing movement during firing. So the shoulder and arm are relaxed the butt plate can be shifted up-down left-right, in-out, and even twisted.

The gubbins under the fore-end are the handstop (little metal block) and the palm shelf. The handstop is a locating point for the supporting hand for Prone and Kneeling, and is usualling combined with the sling swivel. The Palm shelf is used to raise the barrel in the standing position, so the shooter doesn't hunch their neck to aim. The left (supporting) elbow is placed on the left hip/ribcage, and the hand holds the palm shelf to hoist up the rifle.

That's about it for match rifle doodads, sight accessories would be another chapter.