Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:14 PM
mj1324

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Manual for Izhmash Basic

I just purchased a BB but it came without a manual. Does anyone know where I can obtain one? Also, it only came with 5 round magazines. Where would I purchase add'l magazines?
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 PM
45-70
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BB Rifles

I have owned 3 and still have two because a close friend talked me into selling him one. Mine all came new in the box and have manuals. My only advise is DON'T TAKE THEM out of the stock thinking that you will adjust the triggers. In fact just don't take them out of the stock until you have "broken them in". Put a good scope (15X or better, I use BSA Air Rifle Scope 4X16 - 44mm AO) on it and have shot 1000 rds. or more from the bench with good rests. The Russian trigger mechanisum is crudly made, complicated, and works just great! I have had mine out of the stock with the hopes of adjusting the trigger but you then have undone their bedding method and you just hope that you can get it back to the original position, You have to buy their $1700 regular Biathlon rifle to get the adjustable trigger mechanisum. Like most firearms they will get better with use. Buy a couple of bricks of ammo and enjoy! when you are done the bolt and all the mechanisum will have smoothed up and I think that you will be impressed with the accuracy that you can get out of it. The two stage trigger will need a little getting used to, but remember it was designed to be shot with gloves on. good luck in finding a 10 rd. clip. There is a store/man in Sweden that sells Biathlon rifles and accessories may have them but they won't be inexpensive, I think that his name is "Larsen" look for him on the web, he is the only reliable source for them. Let me know how things go - Alan PS. I have used Weaver 4X4 rings.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:40 AM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Biathlon Basic Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1324 View Post
I just purchased a BB but it came without a manual. Does anyone know where I can obtain one? Also, it only came with 5 round magazines. Where would I purchase add'l magazines?

Quote:
European American Armory, Corp.
Biathlon Basic Rifle
WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTION MANUAL
EAA has done a very good job of maintaining manuals for firearms they sell or have sold.
I wish I could say the same for RAA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 04:44 AM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Biathon Basic Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1324 View Post
... Also, it only came with 5 round magazines.
Where would I purchase add'l magazines?
This thread has a link that maybe helpful.
Spare Parts and Accessories
Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Silas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MT Guns has 5 & 10 round LR mags for $17.50 plus shipping.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
mj1324

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your help. I am looking forward to many years of enjoyable shooting with this rifle. At this point I have only fired it a few times but it is really nice to shoot. The man I purchased it from felt it was most accurate with Federal ammo so I am trying to purchase some but everyone seems to be out of it - in this area at least.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
midwest swiss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mj1324......if you want to adjust your trigger on your BB it can be done
just ask here. I have mine set at 1lb and just remember the BB has a two
stage trigger. I have owned my BB for about 5 years now & have had the action
out of the stock Many many times & not have had any problems what so ever
reinstalling it back in the stock.
As far as ammo....my BB is not to fussy about ammo Fed. is a good choice & have also used it.
I am having some good luck with Win. Dynapoint as of late.

Not to bad for bulk ammo & a rookie with iron sights.
For mid-grade match ammo try some German made ammo like Wolf, SK & RWS.

Welcome to RFC

Swiss

Last edited by midwest swiss; 08-31-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:55 PM
mj1324

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've see your previous postings and it's good to know that someone with your history with this weapon is willing help a novice. I had a couple of boxes of old Winchester ammo that I shot though my rifle today. I've never shot with a scope before but I taking my inexperience and this low quality ammo into consideration I was somewhat consistent.

It's pretty interesting how things work out in this world. I live in Harrisonburg, VA. One of the responders to my plea for help suggested MT Guns for mags (I still have to call). When I went to the MT Guns web-site they had a link which led me to the knowledge that the best bench-rest shooter (Tony Boyer) is just down the road from me (maybe 10 miles) http://www.precisionshooting.com/psm_2009_08_frame.html.

That interesting tidbit aside, I think that I'm going to have to extend the stock (the original owner cut it down to fit his wife). Do you have any recommendations on how to go about this? Also, he had the gunstock painted and I would like to go to a more restrained color. Do you foresee any problems with dismounting the gunstock and re-painting it?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
midwest swiss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
(Quote mj1324)
That interesting tidbit aside, I think that I'm going to have to extend the stock (the original owner cut it down to fit his wife). Do you have any recommendations on how to go about this? Also, he had the gunstock painted and I would like to go to a more restrained color.

I will try to give you some ideas.
Here is a LOP chart thats has worked for me & its just a guide.

There are a few ways to get back your LOP. Here is a thread of a target
rifle so look at the pictures. They are adjusting the LOP with round tubing.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=296476
Or you can get a thicker recoil pad like for a shot gun.

(Quote mj)
Do you foresee any problems with dismounting the gunstock and re-painting it?

No I don't
You could use paint stripper & go back to bear wood or just lightly sand the old
paint then paint it the color you like.

Thats should get you started.

Swiss

Last edited by midwest swiss; 09-01-2009 at 10:29 PM.