Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Aimpoint Micro on a S&W 617

6K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  TMW99577 
#1 ·
Enjoy ;)

Tons of fun to shoot, and much easier on the eyes :cool:

See less See more
#13 ·
I just got a 4" 617 and love it. I've had it week today and have run about 750 rounds through it already. It's been fun but the downside is that due to my aging peepers, I'm in need of a red dot of some sort because those sights are a bit....fuzzy!

I've got a Speedbead III on a little Ruger 22/45 Lite that's pretty good but wanted something different this time around so I'll be putting a Trijicon RMR on top. The Allchin mount is silver finish and the RMR is some fancy Sniper gray color but looks like a matte silver so it should be handsome when I get it all together.

Now I just need to find some nice wood finger groove grips for it. This rubber grip just doesn't do much for me. Does it work, yes but it just doesn't fill the hand and it surely isn't easy on the eyes.

#19 ·
S&W 617

I just got a 4" 617 and love it. I've had it week today and have run about 750 rounds through it already.
Do you get sticky extraction? With a clean gun I get few drums worth and than when I try to eject they stick to the point that I have to hammer eject rod with something for them to come out. I even got quick loader for this gun but this issue is preventing me from enjoying shooting this gun.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Allchin mount came today. Much cleaner install than the Leupold mount IMO. Two criticisms are: The screws supplied with the Allchin mount are too big for the holes in the DP Pro. If I had not already purchased the Leupold mount and had the screws from that mount, I would not have been able to mount the DP Pro on the Allchin mount. The second is the nylon post inserts supplied with the Allchi mount are a bit small for the recesses on the DeltaPoint. Probably not an issue on a .22LR revolver, but might be with a larger caliber. Overall, however, I believe this is a much better mounting option for the DeltaPoint on a S&W revolver. I will probably use a little Acraglas Gel to bed the DeltaPoint to the too-small posts on the Allchin.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.