Warning: Shooting is an activity in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ALL users must read and agree to these Terms of Service before using this site.
This web site is dedicated to rimfire shooting, an activity which is inherently dangerous. You should not depend on information gleaned from this site for your personal safety. Your safety depends upon your own judgment based on competent instruction, experience, and a realistic assessment of your shooting and firearms handling ability.
There is no substitute for professional instruction and certification. If you misinterpret a concept expressed on this site, you may be killed or seriously injured as a result of the misunderstanding. Therefore, the information provided on this site may only be used to supplement competent personal instruction . Even after you are proficient in firearms handling, occasional review or additional training is a safe way to raise your awareness of safety standards. All information is presented solely for educational and informational purposes and should not be considered as instruction in any way.
There are no warranties, either expressed or implied, that the instructions and information on this website are accurate and reliable. There are no warranties as to fitness for a particular purpose or that this site is merchantable. Your use of this site indicates your assumption of the risk of death or serious injury as a result of handling firearms and is an acknowledgement of your own sole responsibility for your safety.
The following terms and conditions are in reference to RimfireCentral.com web site and discussion board, here in referred to as RimfireCentral. These terms and conditions apply to all sites, services, and resources within RimfireCentral.com.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
RimfireCentral provides its service to you subject to the following Terms of Service (referred to as 'TOS'), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
RimfireCentral provides users with access to information. Under no circumstances shall RimfireCentral be liable to any user on account of that user's use or misuse of the site or reliance on the site. Such limitation of liability shall apply to prevent recovery of direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive and exemplary damages (even if RimfireCentral has been advised of the possibility of such damages). Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from use or misuse of the site or reliance on the site, from inability to use the site, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the site or services offered on the site (including such damages incurred by third parties).
Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or goods received through or advertised on the site or received through any links provided on the site. Such limitation shall apply, without limitation, to the costs of procurement of substitute goods or services, lost profits, or lost data. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. RimfireCentral makes no warranties as to the accuracy of the information contained within the forums. RimfireCentral can not screen or authenticate all articles, posts, listings or other information.
RimfireCentral will not sell any member information.
3. TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP & USAGE RESTRICTIONS
A) Site Membership
1) Membership at RimfireCentral is a privilege, not a right. We reserve the right to deny service to any person at any time without cause.
2) Membership will only be available to persons who register and accurately provide all the required information, provide a legitimate electronic mail address and obtain a unique RimfireCentral member name and password. Membership is non-transferable. The use of web-based email accounts may be denied due to abuse.
3) All membership information must be accurate and belong to the person registering. Invalid, incomplete, or falsified information can result in the immediate termination of all membership privileges for that user and, possibly a permanent ban, restricting the member from using any of RimfireCentral's services at any time.
4) Only one account per person. The use of multiple aliases for any purpose will result in immediate and permanent banning.
6) IP Addresses Are Recorded.
Please note that your IP address is recorded with each post for use in the event that you need to be banned from these forums or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
B) Usage Restrictions
1) It is the commitment of every user to adhere to the forum rules. If you choose to violate forum rules your post will be deleted
2) Make no posts relative to illegal modifications, illegal ammunition, explosives, or any other activity, which has been found to be illegal or unnecessarily dangerous or harmful.
3) Any post which is found to be derogatory, discriminatory or of a threatening nature on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender or sexual orientation shall be considered inappropriate and therefore removed.
4) The posting of an individual's private information, such as name, address, phone number, etc., without the permission of the person involved is prohibited.
5) Do not post copyrighted material without obtaining proper permission from the author or creator. It is the responsibility of the poster to obtain permission.
6) Please use English. Other languages cannot be moderated and posts in languages other than English will be deleted.
7) No foul language. Substituting special characters for letters does not disguise foul language. Your post will be deleted if it contains foul language, even disguised. If you post a link to a site where foul language, racist language, stereotyping or language RFC deems inappropriate is used your post will be deleted and you will be banned. The use of abbreviations or alternative spellings of profane language (word or phrase) is not acceptable as the intent is to further circumvent this policy. The use of abbreviations or other attempted circumvention will lead to the same recourse as stated previously in this section.
8) No graphically gory pictures of any kind, including hunting kills, are to be posted in the forums or in the galleries. Photos of hunting kills are permitted in the hunting forum but even there excessively gory photos are prohibited.
9) Pornography of any type is not allowed. No links to pornography are allowed. Links to sites that link to pornography are not allowed.
10) No politically oriented threads or posts allowed. The firearms-related forums are for discussion of firearms, not politics. The Community Forum is a place to socialize and for off topic chat, not subjects that can lead to heated debates. We have learned from experience that discussions of politics, gun control, abortion, religion, sexual orientation, and similar "hot button" topics often degenerate into arguments that ruin friendships and divide the community. For this reason, we do not discuss such subjects at RFC and if any such thread or post is found it will be deleted immediately.
11) Webpages or videos (eg, YouTube) linked to from a post made on RFC are subject to the same restrictions concerning posts on RFC. For example, if a linked video contains profanity the post containing that link will be deleted.
12) Feel free to disagree in forum discussions as long as the disagreement stays on topic and does not turn into an exchange of personal attacks and insults or the use of rude & insulting language. In the event of heated arguments, that specific post or the entire thread may be deleted depending upon the content therein. While this board is open to everyone, to keep it fair, peaceful and educational, we must impose restrictions on what you can and cannot post. If you feel a need to continue an off-topic debate with another member do so away from RimfireCentral so as not to ruin the experience of other guests.
13) Please do not use these forums to attempt to settle differences with other users. In the event that you have personal disagreements with other posters please use alternative methods, such as email, to communicate with them.
14) If you have a problem with a company, contact that company direct via whatever means you feel necessary to resolve your problem. Complaining about issues you have with a company without first contacting that company to resolve them will not get your issue resolved any quicker and such posts will be deleted once found.
15) The use of the private message system to send unsolicited sales pitches will be considered spamming and will be a serious rules violation. If the offender does not cease this activity, they will be permanently banned. We would appreciate the cooperation of all our users in enforcing this rule by reporting such behaviour.
16) Advertising via signature lines as well as advertising and offers to sell or buy goods or services in posts in the discussion forum are not permitted unless you are a sponsor. Sponsors may also post in the Sponsor's Announcement Forum. All others are to use the Trading Post and abide by the rules specific to that forum. Threads or posts in the discussion forum which appear to be fishing for offers to buy or sell will be deleted; that includes most "how much is it worth" threads.
17) As a condition of buying and selling items listed in the Trading Post, buyer and seller agree that RimfireCentral is not brokering or otherwise participating in any purchase or sale. RimfireCentral has no knowledge of the terms of sale, the condition of any items offered for sale, the accuracy of any aspect of the sale or the use to which any item shall be put. Buyer assumes all responsibility for proper use of any item so purchased. Buyer acknowledges that improper use of some or all of the items offered for sale on RimfireCentral may cause serious injury or death. Buyer further acknowledges that the use of firearms carries with it a risk of serious injury or death that may not be avoided, even if the items purchased on RimfireCentral are used properly. Buyer shall seek qualified assistance and instruction in the use of all items purchased.
18) Site moderators and other supporters of RimfireCentral.com (Team RFC, sponsors), must also abide by all rules and policies set forth and are subject to the same warnings and suspensions as regular members. If you have a dispute with or complaint about the behaviour of a moderator, administrator or other site staff, please contact admin and your complaint will be reviewed. A list of site administrators can be found >>>here
19) Any derogatory or inflammatory comments directed towards the moderators, administrator or website technician/support will immediately be removed and the offender will be temporarily and possibly permanently suspended. These people perform these tasks voluntarily, and they do not deserve this abuse.
20) If you are posting on behalf of an organization to which you belong we encourage you to seek the consent/permission of the organization prior to posting. Otherwise, the post will be considered solely the opinion of the poster. You can, however, within your post recognize any bona fide organization to which you belong.
21) The RimfireCentral forums are for the discussion of rimfire calibers and firearm related topics. While the administrators and moderators of RimfireCentral will attempt to keep all off-topic messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of RimfireCentral nor the moderators will be held responsible for the content of any message.
22) RimfireCentral is not responsible for the content of any member's posts, and the views expressed on RimfireCentral are the responsibility of the posting member and not RimfireCentral. RimfireCentral does not preview member posts in any way before they appear on the site. Any link posted to a third-party internet address does not imply an endorsement of that site or its content by RimfireCentral. Under no circumstances will RimfireCentral, nor any Administrator, Moderator, web site or business associated with any Administrator or Moderator be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any post content or PM (Private Message), or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the site. You are held responsible for what you post and the repercussions of something you said or wrote that may have been out of line or damaging to a person, company's reputation, or any product or service.
23) The owners, administrators, and moderators of RimfireCentral reserve both the right to remove, move, close or allow to remain, any thread or post for any reason, and the right to suspend or delete any user account for any reason we feel is in violation of the TOS, both explicit and implied.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
It is the policy of RimfireCentral to respond expeditiously to claims of intellectual property infringement. RimfireCentral will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ('DMCA'). Should a violation of intellectual property be discovered, the document(s) or messages in such violation will be removed in a timely manner after any and all investigating has been completed to prove the authenticity of such a claim.
5. PUBLIC CONTENT AT RIMFIRECENTRAL
Any and all content posted for inclusion in publicly accessible areas RimfireCentral is the responsibility of the creator. RimfireCentral makes no claims or warranties about such information or its authenticity. Upon posting any content on RimfireCentral, you grant RimfireCentral the non-exclusive right to use such content solely for the purpose of displaying such content.
6. LIMITATION OF RE-USE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes or noncommercial purposes any portion of the services or content contained within RimfireCentral and its subsidiary sites. In order to use any content, graphical art, photos or files owned by or published by RimfireCentral, direct, written authorization must be obtained from RimfireCentral with no exceptions at any time for any reason.
7. MODIFICATION WARNING & DISCLAIMER
Any modification that may be posted in any of the forums or in the Tips & Tricks section are for information and discussion purposes only. The modifications may or may not be recommended to best give you the results that you are looking for. They are modifications that private individuals have experimented with and used on their own firearm. Rimfirecentral.com or the individual contributor of the modification can not make any claims as to the overall safety of their modification and do not accept any liability for any damage or injury caused by someone attempting it's use on their gun. Firearms are dangerous. Whenever in doubt, consult a gunsmith of your choice before deciding on any modification.
RimfireCentral reserves the right to change, modify or update this TOS agreement at any time without notification. Membership in and the use of resources contained within RimfireCentral.com constitutes full agreement and acknowledgment of the restrictions, limitations and terms set forth in this agreement.
Terms of Service Pertaining to Use of the Trading Post Classifieds (TPC)
are posted >>> here
A Note Regarding Free Speech:
The First Amendment to the Constitution reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
If you feel you can abide by these requests, we hope that you join us at RFC.