American Confederation of Tactical Shooters - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
HKfreak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up American Confederation of Tactical Shooters (ACTS)

Hello everyone. For those that don't know me my name is Kelly. I am the match director for the Tucson chapter of the American Confederation of Tactical Shooters (ACTS). We currently have chapters in Battle Creek, Michigan and Tucson, AZ.

I would like to extend an invitation to all the .22lr shooters out there to come shoot one of our matches. If you want something that will get your blood pumping and really challenges your skills in more ways than one then you really should check us out. NOTE: The rules do not say that .22 rifles are allowed at this time but I can assure you they are and it will be clarified in the next rulebook due out on January 1, 2009.

So, to give you a taste of what we are about, here is our mission statement...

Quote:
Purpose - To provide a sport in which Civilian rifle owners along with Military and Law Enforcement professionals can practice 'real world' shooting skills in a sporting venue that has not been offered by any other shooting discipline or association.

To promote the safe practical, proficient use of rifles. To foster sportsmanship and camaraderie among rifle owners, and to support and defend the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Here are some vids from both the Michigan and Arizona chapters.

American Confederation of Tactical Shooters Promo (AZ)
Another smoker from Steve (MI)
Do you want to have some fun, ACTS style?
ACTS Stage 3 EU (MI)
ACTS - November '08 - Stage I - Agoge (AZ)
ACTS Match - September '08 - Stage I (AZ)

If you have any questions you can ask them here or come on over to the ACTS forum. (BTW, I go by HKfreak there as well) I hope to meet some of you at an ACTS match in the near future!

Last edited by HKfreak; 12-16-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: edited title
Old 12-23-2008, 02:20 AM
HKfreak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question

No interest, really?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 AM
wlfdg
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to wlfdg
I'm interested. I live in Idaho though. There is practical pistol here but no tactical rimfire. We are getting Sniper Golf going. That's centerfire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 03:47 PM
firejeeper
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sounds like alot of fun to me!!! I live in indy so its not "too" far, but if there was a match in Indiana I would go.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Joe Haller
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Joe Haller
Another Michigan Club . . .

Our club here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has been running centerfire Tactical matches for the past four years. We have been running rimfire benchrest matches for the past 9 years.

We get maybe 6 to 10 shooters in the Tactical matches and 25 to 35 in the rimfire BR matches. I think the cost of ammo is an issue. One of my friends said he shot up $85.00 worth of ammo at our last Tactical match.

Perhaps we could draw more shooters to the tactical matches if we set up a rimfire event?

How about giving more details on this new rimfire division of your American Confederation, and the rules for rimfire?

Joe Haller (Mr. Frosty)

Our club here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has been running centerfire Tactical matches for the past four years. We have been running rimfire benchrest matches for the past 9 years.

We get maybe 6 to 10 shooters in the Tactical matches and 25 to 35 in the rimfire BR matches. I think the cost of ammo is an issue. One of my friends said he shot up $85.00 worth of ammo at our last Tactical match.

Perhaps we could draw more shooters to the tactical matches if we set up a rimfire event?

How about giving more details on this new rimfire division of your American Confederation, and the rules for rimfire?

Joe Haller (Mr. Frosty)

Old 12-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Joe Haller

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RFC's Tactical forum . . .

Have you put this information up on our RFC Tactical 10/22 forum yet? A lot of guys there who seem to be "into" the Tactical Stuff, but I don't see any mention of organized shooting events. (?) Might be a lot of potential on that forum: If you can get them fired up about "Match Competition".

Go here:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...play.php?f=221
Old 12-31-2008, 03:31 AM
HKfreak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeeper View Post
sounds like alot of fun to me!!! I live in indy so its not "too" far, but if there was a match in Indiana I would go.
Hey, I grew up in Indy. Southside, Beech Grove area. The MI match isn't too bad a drive. I drove up there from Indy last summer to shoot our national match and it took me under 3 hours.

In the future there will be an ACTS chapter in Indiana. I plan on moving back there in 4 years and, if there isn't already, I will be starting a chapter there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Haller View Post

Joe Haller (Mr. Frosty)
The cost and availability of ammo is the main reason we have made a rimfire division. Here is a link to the new rules that start in 2009. American Confederation of Tactical Shooters Official Rulebook

All of these rules apply to the Rimfire Division except Section 4.1 and 4.2. You can see the exemption for the Rimfire Division in Section 4.3. If there is anything I can help clarify just let me know.

For your tactical matches, how about joining up with ACTS? If it sounds like something you guys might be interested in contact our founder and MI chapter member, Tony Hogrefe, at ahogrefe(at)gmail.com (just replace (at) with @)

Quote:
Have you put this information up on our RFC Tactical 10/22 forum yet? A lot of guys there who seem to be "into" the Tactical Stuff, but I don't see any mention of organized shooting events. (?) Might be a lot of potential on that forum: If you can get them fired up about "Match Competition".

Go here:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...play.php?f=221
Hmm...no, I haven't. I some how missed that forum. I guess the old brain just doesn't work like it used to!

As for the "competition" part, it is what I call a friendly type of competition. Most of us don't really care about winning unless it is to show up one of our buddies! We really try to just have a fun time while testing our skills.

BTW, here are three vids from our December match. Make sure to watch "Bug Out Truck!"

ACTS - December '08 - Stage I "Boxed In!"
ACTS - December '08 - Stage 2 "Officer Down!"
ACTS - December '08 - Stage III "Bug Out Truck" - Agoge Division

Last edited by HKfreak; 12-31-2008 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Typo's galore!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Joe Haller

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello HKFreak . . .

I saw the post you made in the RFC "Tactical 10/22s" section, on December 31. Went back there just now and "NOT EVEN ONE REPLY" to your invitation to look into Tactical MATCH competition.

I find this almost unbelievable. With all the TALK over there about building tactical rifles: Is there no one interesting in shooting them in they way they were designed to by used? I think it is kind of sad.

What are those guys doing with their custom built Tacticals?

Joe Haller :-(
Old 02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
HKfreak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Joe, in my experience most people want to own or talk about owning tactical gear but they are really in it just to be tacti-cool. They never actually use it unless it is in their own backyard or away from people who can see them. I think a lot are afraid to shoot around anyone else because their fragile cyber warrior egos will be crushed when they realize there are people out there way better than them. I'm not saying that is the case here at RFC but I have seen it on other forums (I won't mention where as I'm sure you probably already know!)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Mcarrier

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Come to the northeast

I would love to shoot in one of those matches. Unfortunately anything further Pennsylvania/Maryland area from Connecticut is a little to far for me. Any chance that you guys would be coming to the northeast sometime soon?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:59 AM
HKfreak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarrier View Post
Any chance that you guys would be coming to the northeast sometime soon?
I wish I had better news for you but I haven't heard of anyone trying to start a chapter in that area of the country. Sorry.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Joe Haller

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Think about this . . .

Rifle matches just don't happen. SOMEONE has to plan, organize and run the things. It takes a "spark plug" with some organizational skills and a couple of helpers to kick start a shooting program.

LOTS of areas do not have any organized matches, because that "Spark Plug" is busy with some other project. If you have one of those Spark Plug personalities: What are you waiting for? Organize: Get some friends to help, and run some matches.

Joe Haller
Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 AM
HKfreak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Rifle matches just don't happen. SOMEONE has to plan, organize and run the things. It takes a "spark plug" with some organizational skills and a couple of helpers to kick start a shooting program.

LOTS of areas do not have any organized matches, because that "Spark Plug" is busy with some other project. If you have one of those Spark Plug personalities: What are you waiting for? Organize: Get some friends to help, and run some matches.

Joe Haller
Joe, you are right on the money! Thank you for saying it better than I ever could!