need translation ... Russian Notations on Rear Sight - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM
[email protected]
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
need translation

I just can't seem to understand the markings on my peep sight. For windage there is "U" with a clockwise arrow, and "V" with a counterclockwise arrow. Fro elevation we have "H" with a counterclockwise arrow, and "B" with a clockwise arrow. Will someone please translate for me?

Last edited by aom22; 08-02-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Restore Original Title
Old 08-01-2008, 02:52 PM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Try adjusting the sights and see which way they go. The dials - as you look at them head on - should be considered as the face of a clock and you can then determine what dialing to the right (CW) or left (CCW) does and what each marking means.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Kevin6q

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
dial turns

The best way to remember what direction to move the POI is:

Up, Right, clockwise.

On my 7-4, each click moves the POI 1/4" at 50 meters. Be sure to loosen the eye cup before making changes and after the clicks are added, tighten the cup down. Don't know why, but sometimes the tight eye cup inhibits movement. The POI doesn't change so you dial in more, and the tension is released so the POI goes too far. This is especially true if you have a blind mounted behind the cup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2008, 02:07 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glossary of Terms Weapons

These posts and threads might help.

CM-2 Sighting Question - Rear Sight Adjustment: Russian Notations

Glossary of Terms weapons

Quote:
This website might help???
Dictionary weapons

This one as well ... maybe!!!
Словарь оружейных терминов

up - вверх
down - вниз
left - влево
right - вправо
elevation - высота
CM2 Rear Sight Adjustment
Quote:

Usermanual: This is for a Biathlon 7-3. But, the adjustments should be the same.
Quote:
MICROMETER REAR SIGHT:
Sight adjustment of this weapon is the opposite, as for example, Anschutz.
If you want to adjust the aim sight upwards, turn the top adjustment screw clockwise,
and likewise counter clockwise for downwards.

To adjust the aim sight to the right, turn the side adjustment screw clockwise,
and to the left - counter clockwise.
вверх-вниз ....... Up-Down
вправо-влево ... Right-Left

Last edited by aom22; 08-02-2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Modify Text
Old 08-06-2013, 08:03 AM
stephen_maly

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
sight adjustments

I remember rifle sight adjustments (in general) by the following:

"Screwdriver" for American and west European rear sights,
and
"Upright" for British Commonwalth and Russian sights.

That is, clockwise rotations move the rear sight like a (right-handed) screwdriver moves a screw if the sight was made in Western Europe or the USA.
Clockwise moves the rear sight up or to the right if the sight was made in the UK, Australia, South Africa, or Russia.
I haven't forgotten Canada in this: we don't make target sights here (only military optical sights by Elcan).
Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Dick Deadeye

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Correct, Izhevsk 7-4 seems to match M1-Garand and Ar15 rifles: clockwise on both knobs moves the shot to 2 o'clock, or "High and inside" (if you were pitching baseball)

If you look inside the rear sight assembly, you can see that the knob which sits on top, mounted horizontally, moves the shot upwards with a clockwise turn.

And the right-side-mounted knob moves the shot right with a clockwise turn.

When I bought my 7-4, I used Google Translate to find Russian/Cyrillic for "up" and "right", and they matched the markings on the knobs. There wasn't enough information in the owner's manual.

Last edited by Dick Deadeye; 08-07-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 AM
stephen_maly

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
sight adjustments

Sometimes Google translations will help, and sometime they won't. For example; Anschutz sights (just to confuse the issue) are labeled more or less "(shots are) Low" and "(shots are) High" rather than "(move) Up" and "(move) Down". The logic being, if the shot is "Low", turning in the direction of the arrow moves the shot "Up". The words in the brackets are implied, and those in bold are marked on the sight. Both approaches are very logical, but in quite opposite ways!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:05 PM
mtbker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CM2 micrometer rear sight

My side mounted CM2 Micrometer rear sight is clockwise down and each click moves the eye piece 1/576th of an inch vertically (screw seems to have 32 threads per inch and there are 18 clicks per revolution). With my 32" sight radius this is about 1/5th of an MOA. (or .1" @ 50 yards)

Horizontally it is clockwise right and each click moves the eye piece 1/640th of an inch (40 threads per inch and 16 clicks per revolution. Again with my 32" sight radius this equals about 1/6th of a MOA.

Hope that helps-Ariel
Old 09-07-2013, 05:21 PM
3six13
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I just can't seem to understand the markings on my peep sight. For windage there is "U" with a clockwise arrow, and "V" with a counterclockwise arrow. Fro elevation we have "H" with a counterclockwise arrow, and "B" with a clockwise arrow. Will someone please translate for me?
Is there literally a "U" and "V" or something that looks like that because those are Latin letters not Cyrillic. A Cyrillic "H" could be a Latin "N," however, and "B" could be "V," but lower case "b" (or б) is the Latin "B" so that'll be different.